CAK (12-1) vs Elizabethton (11-2)

Govolsknox

Warriors2011...they don't want to talk about open zone for an obvious reason! Read between the lines...on top of that they are a 4A school by student size.

I hope everyone has a happy Thanksgiving and safe travels. I hope both teams show up and play to the best of their ability.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're not going to charge me for that psychoanalysis are you? I first have to make sure you're on my insurance network. ;) FYI, I don't have any raw nerves, or any anger, at least not about football. But your description of CAK's quick success certainly sounded a LOT like the typical whining we hear about how "all privates recruit." Here's what you said:

"Very few public 3-A schools have had that level of talent on one team, have set those kind of records, or have won a state championship in their histories. CAK has thrown it together in a relatively short time. I would say we have the makings of another private football factory."

Open zone public schools, like Alcoa and Maryville just to name a few (there are several others), could easily be considered "public football factories." My question was whether you would put them in the private division or the public division of your ideal classification system.

We could go on forever about this but let's talk CAK and cyclones and leave this for another time.All this talk makes we want to leave Illinois early and come back to Betsy land and see a heck of a game and a loaded CAK team.

You're not going to charge me for that psychoanalysis are you? I first have to make sure you're on my insurance network. ;) FYI, I don't have any raw nerves, or any anger, at least not about football. But your description of CAK's quick success certainly sounded a LOT like the typical whining we hear about how "all privates recruit." Here's what you said:

"Very few public 3-A schools have had that level of talent on one team, have set those kind of records, or have won a state championship in their histories. CAK has thrown it together in a relatively short time. I would say we have the makings of another private football factory."

Open zone public schools, like Alcoa and Maryville just to name a few (there are several others), could easily be considered "public football factories." My question was whether you would put them in the private division or the public division of your ideal classification system.

I wish I could make money for the psychoanalysis....lol! I do a lot of it for free. I am no Alcoa or Maryville fan either. Four times they have crushed Cyclone dreams in the semi-finals. Admittedly, I do not like open zoning for public schools as I deem it an unfair advantage. Look back at my post #69 on this thread about inherent advantages most good athletic programs have. I still would not put any open zone schools in the private classification because they are publically funded. A public open-zone division might be good....lol! Call me an idealist, but I just wish we had a level playing field. Enough banter. Let's have a great game and may the best team on Friday night win.

Warriors2011...they don't want to talk about open zone for an obvious reason! Read between the lines...on top of that they are a 4A school by student size.

I hope everyone has a happy Thanksgiving and safe travels. I hope both teams show up and play to the best of their ability.

I'm not good with reading between the lines. Care to elaborate?

Disclaimer: This is a poor imitation of Leonard's Losers, just for FUN. No disrespect intended.

The wind will be blowing and pads will be popping after CAK lands their squadron of F-22's in lovely downtown Betsy this Friday night for a semifinal showdown with the Cyclones. The winner will represent the East in the Blue Cross/Blue Shield State Championship game in Cookeville. In military terms, this is Air Force vs. Army. Ground & Pound vs. Air & Tear. Physical vs. Finesse. No doubt Betsy can do more than run, and CAK proved against the beast of the east that they are more than just pretty fly boys. The Warriors are the defending State Champions and they are battle tested, locked and loaded. The Cyclones may kick up a little dust, but in the end, the force that owns the air wins the battle.

Football Dad's Forecast: CAK 42 Betsy 28

Disclaimer: This is a poor imitation of Leonard's Losers, just for FUN. No disrespect intended.

The wind will be blowing and pads will be popping after CAK lands their squadron of F-22's in lovely downtown Betsy this Friday night for a semifinal showdown with the Cyclones. The winner will represent the East in the Blue Cross/Blue Shield State Championship game in Cookeville. In military terms, this is Air Force vs. Army. Ground & Pound vs. Air & Tear. Physical vs. Finesse. No doubt Betsy can do more than run, and CAK proved against the beast of the east that they are more than just pretty fly boys. The Warriors are the defending State Champions and they are battle tested, locked and loaded. The Cyclones may kick up a little dust, but in the end, the force that owns the air wins the battle.

Football Dad's Forecast: CAK 42 Betsy 28

Not bad but don't like score.lol

Not bad but don't like score.lol

I didn't think you would. :mrgreen: That may be a few too many points for CAK, especially if Betsy doesn't score too fast and eats up a lot of clock. I see where the Cyclones are only giving up around 12 pts per game or something close to that so they have to be very good. Last time up there at your place it was a 14-13 defensive struggle, the last one of those for CAK I can remember. Looking forward to a great game and the usual great atmosphere in Etown. :thumb:

We could go on forever about this but let's talk CAK and cyclones and leave this for another time.All this talk makes we want to leave Illinois early and come back to Betsy land and see a heck of a game and a loaded CAK team.

No problem! I agree 100% with let's talk about this game! Does anybody know the weather forecast for kickoff in E'ton Friday night?