2012 Cheatham County Cubs: THANK YOU FOR A DREAM SEASON

howdoitknow

I just wanted to start this topic by saying THANK YOU to the 2012 Cubs! You guys inspired an entire county with your excellent play throughout the 2012 High School Football Season. Being the first team in the history of CCCHS to win a district/region title and advance to the Quarterfinal Round of the playoffs was a great feat. Being the first team in the history of the entire county (includes Harpeth & Sycamore) to win 12 games in a single season truly made this season epic. A big thank you goes out to the players and the coaches at Cheatham County Central High School. You have put Cubs Football to a new level to which we've never experienced before in our lifetimes.

To the Cubs SENIORS: thank you all for your hard work and dedication these last 4 years! It all started with plenty of "down times" in 2009 and 2010 when you were thrown into the fire right away and had to go through a 5-15 two-year run. In 2011 you guys learned (after dropping the first 2 games of the year at Fairview and vs Sycamore) that you could be something special. You won 6 out of 9 games after that and I will forever credit the win at Montgomery Central as being what got the ball rolling! Heading into this season you guys knew that winning the district and making history was something that would be possible. The spring came and went and the summer drug by but finally when August rolled around high school football season was here. The impressive scrimmages against Nashville Christian and Lipscomb Academy gave you guys all of the confidence in the world to lead this dream season. On the way to 12-0 you guys went on the road and beat both of your county rivals (Sycamore and Harpeth) in their own backyards. You guys beat a team that (at the time) featured an SEC level QB in Mt. Pleasant. You finally beat Creek Wood, Camden, and Fairview (twice).....these were teams that we had struggled against prior to this season! You won the district! You also gave the school (and the county).......NOT ONE, NOT TWO, BUT THREE memorable home playoff games! Prior to this the school had only played 1 home playoff game ever! You guys are the one responsible for the success and it took a lot of blood, sweat, and tears along the way but you boys sure did meet your expectations (and then some) in the end. For that I want to be the first to say THANK YOU!

To the coaches: thank you for all of your hard work this season! Coach Finley has in my mind been the best football coach in the history of the county and although he took his criticism through the years his plan of action resulted in record breaking results this fall. When Coach Hatley left to go to Creek Wood and due to the fact the school district wouldn't hire anyone to help with football Coach Finley took over the defensive coordinator duties this season. The Cubs defense played with the energy and passion that Coach has always demanded of his players under his leadership. Coach Finley now stands at 67-55 through 11 years as the head football coach at CCCHS. That is an awesome decade plus! Coach Jackson was on the staff for his 8th season this year and coordinated at offense that scored 579 points in 13 games this year. Those are astronomical numbers. Coach Boyd returned to the staff, despite having to also serve as the school's wrestling coach, for a 14th season. Coach Boyd is a first class coach and an even better human being who does a great job coaching these young men (especially handling the Cubs special teams). Outside of you 3 guys the school district doesn't allow you to hire anyone else so you have to take what you can get. In this year's case it was a very lucky situation because both Coach Randolph and Coach Patterson (past Cubs coaches) found it in their busy schedules to be able to come out and volunteer on the coaching staff. Their help went a long way and to those guys it wouldn't have been possible without your help. Coach Langley (who played at CCCHS) volunteered this season on the staff and proved to be a valuable addition. His work on both sides of the football and running the scout teams in practice was invaluable. He should definitely stick with coaching because he will make a very good one someday. The school system needs to find a way to reward you guys for all of your hard work and service hours!

To the underclassmen: IT IS YOUR TEAM NOW!!!!! I am directing this part at Shane Keegan, David Wood, Jeff Newman, Desmond Sweatt, Willie Presley, Matt Brown, Brandon Shelton, Trey Marrow, Bryce Beamer, Nathaniel Jock, Kevin Bennett, Hank White, and Nick Owen! Enjoy the holidays and take some time away from football and enjoy being teenagers for the next month. After the NEW YEAR.........the work for 2013 begins! You guys know how it is supposed to be done because you have watched a wonderul senior class teach you the right way to do it! Now you have to continue what has been established.

• Upvote 1

I don't live in your county and have never seen this team play but wanted to comment in two things:

first, this team and group of young men must be very special to receive he ongoing praise of their community. Your record speaks for itself. The hard work you poured in will pay off even further later in life as overcoming obstacles is an ongoing challenge for men as friends, husbands, dads and leaders of homes, communities and businesses. May God reward you richly and allow you to glean from this year all he planned so that your lives will reflect His glory.

Second, I want to applaud the parents and fans from CC. You have shown great class and love with your words OB this board. It is rare that one can "see" love for a community, group of children and even honor for opponents like you have demonstrated. I for one want to honor you. May God take all of your pain and replace it with laughter. I am sure you have brought Him joy just as you have me watching you from afar.

• 1 month later...

It's hard to believe that Cheatham County is 18-4 on the last 22 Friday Nights they've played. 2 of those 4 losses came to CPA which means that the Cubs are 18-2 in their last 20 games vs "public schools". Coach Finley & Co. have built a very strong program that is one of the best in Class 3A Football. With all-district players such as Keegan, Sweatt, Wood, Newman, and Presley all returning and others who saw extensive playing time (Brown, Beamer, Morrow, Shelton, Jock, and Bennett) back as well the Cubs Nation will again have plenty to cheer about in 2013.

Edited by TheBrooklynBrawler

That is an impressive statistic. The Cubs have the same overall record through their last 22 games as does Milan (18-4) and actually have a better overall record during that span than does Alcoa (17-5). Now before anyone kills this post I am not saying that Cheatham County is "Alcoa or Milan" but the numbers do show how far Cubs football has come in a very short amount of time.

It will be awesome in 2013 seeing the Cubs in the same district as both Sycamore & Harpeth for the first time ever. The 3 teams have never been in the same football region/district. It will also be nice to see Greenbrier return to the schedule. The Cubs played Greenbrier this past year in the jamboree but they haven't played in the regular season since 2010 (next year's senior class' freshman year). Finally, it will be nice to see the Cubs square off with both White House & White House-Heritage. The non-district schedule will keep both Creek Wood (now out of district) and Fairview on the schedule. The Cubs are very familiar and have had great battles with both of those schools. The non-district schedule adds both Nashville Christian and Clarksville Academy. Needless to say it's going to be a challenging schedule with some new faces for Cubs fans to see.

I just wanted to start this topic by saying THANK YOU to the 2012 Cubs! You guys inspired an entire county with your excellent play throughout the 2012 High School Football Season. Being the first team in the history of CCCHS to win a district/region title and advance to the Quarterfinal Round of the playoffs was a great feat. Being the first team in the history of the entire county (includes Harpeth & Sycamore) to win 12 games in a single season truly made this season epic. A big thank you goes out to the players and the coaches at Cheatham County Central High School. You have put Cubs Football to a new level to which we've never experienced before in our lifetimes.

To the Cubs SENIORS: thank you all for your hard work and dedication these last 4 years! It all started with plenty of "down times" in 2009 and 2010 when you were thrown into the fire right away and had to go through a 5-15 two-year run. In 2011 you guys learned (after dropping the first 2 games of the year at Fairview and vs Sycamore) that you could be something special. You won 6 out of 9 games after that and I will forever credit the win at Montgomery Central as being what got the ball rolling! Heading into this season you guys knew that winning the district and making history was something that would be possible. The spring came and went and the summer drug by but finally when August rolled around high school football season was here. The impressive scrimmages against Nashville Christian and Lipscomb Academy gave you guys all of the confidence in the world to lead this dream season. On the way to 12-0 you guys went on the road and beat both of your county rivals (Sycamore and Harpeth) in their own backyards. You guys beat a team that (at the time) featured an SEC level QB in Mt. Pleasant. You finally beat Creek Wood, Camden, and Fairview (twice).....these were teams that we had struggled against prior to this season! You won the district! You also gave the school (and the county).......NOT ONE, NOT TWO, BUT THREE memorable home playoff games! Prior to this the school had only played 1 home playoff game ever! You guys are the one responsible for the success and it took a lot of blood, sweat, and tears along the way but you boys sure did meet your expectations (and then some) in the end. For that I want to be the first to say THANK YOU!

To the coaches: thank you for all of your hard work this season! Coach Finley has in my mind been the best football coach in the history of the county and although he took his criticism through the years his plan of action resulted in record breaking results this fall. When Coach Hatley left to go to Creek Wood and due to the fact the school district wouldn't hire anyone to help with football Coach Finley took over the defensive coordinator duties this season. The Cubs defense played with the energy and passion that Coach has always demanded of his players under his leadership. Coach Finley now stands at 67-55 through 11 years as the head football coach at CCCHS. That is an awesome decade plus! Coach Jackson was on the staff for his 8th season this year and coordinated at offense that scored 579 points in 13 games this year. Those are astronomical numbers. Coach Boyd returned to the staff, despite having to also serve as the school's wrestling coach, for a 14th season. Coach Boyd is a first class coach and an even better human being who does a great job coaching these young men (especially handling the Cubs special teams). Outside of you 3 guys the school district doesn't allow you to hire anyone else so you have to take what you can get. In this year's case it was a very lucky situation because both Coach Randolph and Coach Patterson (past Cubs coaches) found it in their busy schedules to be able to come out and volunteer on the coaching staff. Their help went a long way and to those guys it wouldn't have been possible without your help. Coach Langley (who played at CCCHS) volunteered this season on the staff and proved to be a valuable addition. His work on both sides of the football and running the scout teams in practice was invaluable. He should definitely stick with coaching because he will make a very good one someday. The school system needs to find a way to reward you guys for all of your hard work and service hours!

To the underclassmen: IT IS YOUR TEAM NOW!!!!! I am directing this part at Shane Keegan, David Wood, Jeff Newman, Desmond Sweatt, Willie Presley, Matt Brown, Brandon Shelton, Trey Marrow, Bryce Beamer, Nathaniel Jock, Kevin Bennett, Hank White, and Nick Owen! Enjoy the holidays and take some time away from football and enjoy being teenagers for the next month. After the NEW YEAR.........the work for 2013 begins! You guys know how it is supposed to be done because you have watched a wonderul senior class teach you the right way to do it! Now you have to continue what has been established.

Too long. Didnt read. :flower:

Camden Central Fan here - hat's off to the Cheatham County Cubs. They've gained a lot of ground in the past few years. Good work by players, coaching staff, administration for allowing them to do it, and obvious increased community support.(Just a view from the other side of the field.)

Great post... Where can I find the 11aa all district team and then are there any all region teams?

The All-District 11-AA Banquet was last week at CCCHS. The following 12 members of Cheatham County's football team earned all-district honors. You'll also see 7 additional standouts from this past season's team who I felt could have also been named to the team. It's very rare that you ever have 12 kids from 1 team named to a postseason team but in reality this year's Cubs team had 19 kids who were all OUTSTANDING FOOTBALL PLAYERS for a team that was very special.

All-District Selections:

Mitchell Potts

Thatcher Brinkley

Dakota White

Brady Bose

Ben Casteel

C.J. Fields

Manning Glaus

Desmond Sweatt

David Wood

Jeffrey Newman

Shane Keegan

Willie Presley

(NOTE: I would like to mention that there were several other deserving members from this year's Cubs team who did not make the all-district team. Kevin Eslick, A.J. Anderson, Nathaniel Jock, John Litman, Bryce Beamer, Sam Walton, and Matt Brown were all deserving based on the way that they performed throughout the 2012 football season)

All-State Class 3A:

Brady Bose (Defensive Line)

All-Midstate:

Brady Bose (2nd team TE)

Mitchell Potts (3rd team DB)

The All-District 11-AA Banquet was last week at CCCHS. The following 12 members of Cheatham County's football team earned all-district honors. You'll also see 7 additional standouts from this past season's team who I felt could have also been named to the team. It's very rare that you ever have 12 kids from 1 team named to a postseason team but in reality this year's Cubs team had 19 kids who were all OUTSTANDING FOOTBALL PLAYERS for a team that was very special.

All-District Selections:

Mitchell Potts

Thatcher Brinkley

Dakota White

Brady Bose

Ben Casteel

C.J. Fields

Manning Glaus

Desmond Sweatt

David Wood

Jeffrey Newman

Shane Keegan

Willie Presley

(NOTE: I would like to mention that there were several other deserving members from this year's Cubs team who did not make the all-district team. Kevin Eslick, A.J. Anderson, Nathaniel Jock, John Litman, Bryce Beamer, Sam Walton, and Matt Brown were all deserving based on the way that they performed throughout the 2012 football season)

All-State Class 3A:

Brady Bose (Defensive Line)

All-Midstate:

Brady Bose (2nd team TE)

Mitchell Potts (3rd team DB)

Howdy, I know you sing the praises of this squad every chance you get. I have to agree with you, they were an impressive bunch to watch. Even with 12 mentioned, names like Eslick and others should be there too. Don't know that my Yellow Jackets will have the same hype and flare attached to them next year as this year, but it's good that we got to keep this great match up on the schedule going forward.