BIG 7 CONFERENCE 2013

ArtVandalay

I messed this up but it is in reply to a message from BatMast.

I was a part of the Lynn View and Ketron consolidation in 1980. The best coach got the AD job then. Not sure what would happen this time but I really like Coach Norris. I'd think that it would be difficult to someone from outside the system at this time of year.

No Doubt who has the best coaching staff. But you don't know what kind of hornets nest Norris would be entering. North is becoming a middle school. South will be the high school. South personnel will feel they have the upper hand, as bad as that would be. An outsider/outsiders is the only real option for all major sports. Either way it will be entirely messed up.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IF it happens,the kids that will not be good enough to make many of the sports teams or will never see the football field,are some of the ones that you have to feel the worst for.How many families built or moved to the North area just to send their kids to school there.I can't imagine how mad those people would be.Try putting yourself in those shoes.It would be like a DB fan living over here and finding out his kid has to go to Science Hill next year .

Edited by BatmanDB

IF it happens,the kids that will not be good enough to make many of the sports teams or will never see the football field,are some of the ones that you have to feel the worst for.How many families built or moved to the North area just to send their kids to school there.I can't imagine how mad those people would be.Try putting yourself in those shoes.It would be like a DB fan living over here and finding out his kid has to go to Science Hill next year .

I understand your thoughts but there are a few things to consider. No county resident has to live in the North zone to send their kids there. Sullivan county schools have been impacted so hard by Kingsport annexation that the policy for several years has been that if you live in the county, there is room in the school, and you can get there - you are welcome. There are a lot of opportunities that can come from this. North is getting down to a size where many programs are not offered anymore. I know they don't have wrestling or swimming. Boys and girls soccer is not listed on their web site anymore. I know that South has full Freshman, JV, and Varsity programs in baseball and volleyball. Not sure about North. The band is almost non-existent at North while South has about 125 out of a school with 960 kids. I know that there will be fewer positions available for "starters" in some of the premier sports but there would also be many other opportunities open up that just are not available to some of these kids right now.

I guess it all depends on each person involved in these changes.How about the people that will not have a job when all the cuts are made.That can have an impact on several famiies for many years to come.There is always a bad side to these kinds of moves.I remember an Eastman supervisor getting his points in with the company by cutting many jobs during the big layoff of 99,they came back an axed his sorry ace a year or two later