David Gregory resigns at William Blount.

and why not? greenback may have "tradition" and wb may stink right now but you cant argue with the fact that wbs schedule blows greenbacks out of the water.... if greenback is soo good let them come play with the big boys. coal field? sun bright? pssh call me when you can line up with the likes of bearden, donyns bennet, farragut, or maryville.

This is about a coaching search... not to throw dirt on any team.. sounds like a few sour lemons ...greenback plays hard, is disciplined and a great football team.. shame on you for trying to talk trash about the kids..

i meant no disrespect to greenback, i simply took offense to the statement that "nobody would leave greenback for wb because greenback has tradition." and i'll agree with that but i believe wb has lots of potential and could have a winning tradition equal to or greater then greenback if we had good coaching /leadership . why not come to wb? wouldnt having the oppurtunity to compete with and beat maryville be appealing? wb has talent we just need a good coach who can get it out of the boys .

Those kids at William Blount deserve a coach who is in the for the long haul. Not just one who is there till something better comes along. It isn't right to keep this program always wondering who is going to leave and who is going to be there.

This is about a coaching search... not to throw dirt on any team.. sounds like a few sour lemons ...greenback plays hard, is disciplined and a great football team.. shame on you for trying to talk trash about the kids..

um i wasnt disrespecting greenback, i was sticking up for wb lol. they said nobody would ever come to wb from greenback because greenback has "tradition" . basically saying wb stinks and greenback is better. i was just pointing out that wb plays tougher teams and they could be good if they had a good coach.

um i wasnt disrespecting greenback, i was sticking up for wb lol. they said nobody would ever come to wb from greenback because greenback has "tradition" . basically saying wb stinks and greenback is better. i was just pointing out that wb plays tougher teams and they could be good if they had a good coach.

I will give you the coaching point. Like I said in a prior post; these kids at wb deserve a coach that is there for the long haul. Someone they can trust and that will work to build this program; from youth on up. Just a word on these 1A schools... these kids are mountain born and cornbread fed... those kids from Coalfield are huge!!! :huh: I would dare say there are teams all across the districts that would have a tough time handling them.

Those kids at William Blount deserve a coach who is in the for the long haul. Not just one who is there till something better comes along. It isn't right to keep this program always wondering who is going to leave and who is going to be there.

i agree. thats what i have been saying lol.. we have had zero stability , its been a dang circus over here. thats why i get so irked when people criticize wb and say they suck , we havent had the big name coach that is loyal to the program like maryville, alcoa, farragut, sevier county, or dobyns bennet etc. but i think wb has done pretty dang good for a team in our predicament.