OS vs. Wartburg

OSHSman

Posted by festus:

I caint beleve ewe folks is sa riled up over this here bawl game. Festus still thanks that Whart Burg is gunna win this'un. If ya gunna pick on somebawdy an call'em Deliverance High School, pick on Cloudland. I take my jacka$$es up thar to graze during the week on theyre bawlfield.

I hear that. I think OS's practice field and Midway's field got together and had a baby. The result is Cloudland's field.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doan like to poke fun of folks's futbawl fields, but I hope Sunbrite has fixed theyre's since I was up thar. When I passed thru Sunbrite I used take my mule to tha futbawl stadium and let her drank out of the crick that run thru the field. Reckon they fixed the end zone on that won side? It was only 8 yards long and went uphill. :confused:

Posted by TheAnswer9:

I see OSHS. I gave you some credit where credit was due on the Sweetwater post. I almost gave you a good mark. Maybe in time!! The more I think about it, the more I realize just how much like you I was when I came out of Oliver Springs--just ask my friends up the road in Coalfield. I now play softball with some of the same guys who wanted to kill after going on WOFE one night after Eric Norton got hurt. Over time, I have just mellowed. It's amazing what getting married, having a couple of children, teaching full time, and trying to find time to do other things will do to you. Just wait and see!

Where do you teach at? I thought you only had 1 kid???? I don't think I saw you umpiring much last year. I saw ure brother, but not you.

[Edited by OSHSman on 10-27-02 11:36P]

My 2nd child (I will be outnumbered 3 to 1) will be here on Christmas day--give or take a few days!! As for teaching, I'm at Norris Middle teaching 6th grade Science--2nd year at Norris. And the third part of the Q, I only had one OS game last year and it lasted about 3 innings before being rained out--OS @ Kingston. It was the last regular season game--my brother and I worked it. Believe this or not, we just got paid today for that game. Kingston never paid us, so the association secretary wrote us checks today at our little Morgan-Scott Basketball meeting. As for umpiring, I discovered that other sport called softball. I did about 50/50 last season instead of 100% baseball--by choice. I am the acting president of the Clinch Valley Umpires Association!

Posted by OSHSman:
Posted by TheAnswer9:

I see OSHS. I gave you some credit where credit was due on the Sweetwater post. I almost gave you a good mark. Maybe in time!! The more I think about it, the more I realize just how much like you I was when I came out of Oliver Springs--just ask my friends up the road in Coalfield. I now play softball with some of the same guys who wanted to kill after going on WOFE one night after Eric Norton got hurt. Over time, I have just mellowed. It's amazing what getting married, having a couple of children, teaching full time, and trying to find time to do other things will do to you. Just wait and see!!

Where do you teach at? I thought you only had 1 kid???? I don't think I saw you umpiring much last year. I saw ure brother, but not you.

Posted by TheAnswer9:

My 2nd child (I will be outnumbered 3 to 1) will be here on Christmas day--give or take a few days!! As for teaching, I'm at Norris Middle teaching 6th grade Science--2nd year at Norris. And the third part of the Q, I only had one OS game last year and it lasted about 3 innings before being rained out--OS @ Kingston. It was the last regular season game--my brother and I worked it. Believe this or not, we just got paid today for that game. Kingston never paid us, so the association secretary wrote us checks today at our little Morgan-Scott Basketball meeting. As for umpiring, I discovered that other sport called softball. I did about 50/50 last season instead of 100% baseball--by choice. I am the acting president of the Clinch Valley Umpires Association!

Really? Old Carter started me out in the umping bizz last summer over at Claxton. If you're still around in about 5 years I might try to take my TSSAA test (I plan on being in school for a long time). Have you figured out if it's a boy or a girl yet?

Ok, I'm seriously getting off here this time, have to study for a test.

It's a girl and I still plan on being around in 5 years! Where you in school at?? BTW, there is nothing wrong with taking a long time to finish school--it took me 7yrs to complete everything!!

Posted by OSHSman:
Posted by TheAnswer9:

Really? Old Carter started me out in the umping bizz last summer over at Claxton. If you're still around in about 5 years I might try to take my TSSAA test (I plan on being in school for a long time). Have you figured out if it's a boy or a girl yet?

Ok, I'm seriously getting off here this time, have to study for a test.

Wartburg has the better record, but the O.S. losses were to more quality teams. Boyd Buchanan, Smith County, Kingston...Rockwood destroyed Wartburg, which lost to O.S.

So: O.S. 21 Wartburg 13

Oh, yeah, click the soundbyte below to hear some good pregame:

http://www.destgulch.com/movies/deliver/deliv05.wav

[Edited by orangenblack on 10-30-02 6:55P]

Alright now I know who you are... I have been asking around just trying to digure out who has that much time on their hand and now I konw why. So what are you into Mr. Michigan?? Can't say much though UT is pathetic. By the way you oughten tell people their name on here. But as for me you didn't or don't like me but we talked alot of sports and that was our topic of talk everyday I saw you in school. So you are RSCC? Or did you say? well guys as for what I think.

OS-21

WB-7

Posted by JOE01:

Alright now I know who you are... I have been asking around just trying to digure out who has that much time on their hand and now I konw why. So what are you into Mr. Michigan?? Can't say much though UT is pathetic. By the way you oughten tell people their name on here. But as for me you didn't or don't like me but we talked alot of sports and that was our topic of talk everyday I saw you in school. So you are RSCC? Or did you say? well guys as for what I think.

OS-21

WB-7

So who are you then? Just drop me a hint or something. I'm up here at Tech.

[Edited by OSHSman on 10-28-02 3:54P]