Pickett Co. Deep In Talent...1-3

bobcatfan300

Pickett Co. has one of its best teams in years but is 1-3. Last night while York was pulling away, top scorer Kyle Hughes sat on the bench, was finally sent in once it was too late and immediately hit a three. I thought he was hurt since he was on the bench when he was needed most of the game, but went in looking like he wasn't hurt. The constant substituting hurt. I think all the players that played deserved playing time, but when a lineup was working and was pulling ahead, substituting stopped the momentum. York is very good and deserved the win, but it is rare that they beat Pickett. What do others feel about what is happening? I think the players gave it their all and given the chance will go a long way this season.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Hughes didn't play nowhere near as motivated as his younger brother did last night. Both are not only great kids, but great players. The un-motivated start to the third quarter sunk PC last night, not coaching. Ferrell in the second half kept them in it and it was unfortunate to see him go out with cramps. PC has a good chance at competing with Clay for the title this year in their district.

we made a bad mistake when they did not give Walker the job hope Bobcats do good think Clay win it to much talent one player short from last year

I do wish Pickett would have gave Walker a chance.

I am still on the fence about the new coach in Pickett Co. The games I watched him coach, he seems a bit too intense and tries to make examples out of the better players. This is just my observation.

I listened to the game an i agree with the coach by sitting hughes an garrett out most of the game if they are not going to give the effort on deffense an then come on the offensive end an make a horrible pass or turn the ball over an keep on an keep on forcing up bad shots these guys are suppose to be the leaders i agree with the coach good call he has to motivate them some how and whats more motivating then sitting on the bench knowing that you can help your team and watch two freshman still the show with there hustle and hard play, hats off too ferrell and hughes played a great game. without them this would have been an embarassement

Pickett Co. has one of its best teams in years but is 1-3. Last night while York was pulling away, top scorer Kyle Hughes sat on the bench, was finally sent in once it was too late and immediately hit a three. I thought he was hurt since he was on the bench when he was needed most of the game, but went in looking like he wasn't hurt. The constant substituting hurt. I think all the players that played deserved playing time, but when a lineup was working and was pulling ahead, substituting stopped the momentum. York is very good and deserved the win, but it is rare that they beat Pickett. What do others feel about what is happening? I think the players gave it their all and given the chance will go a long way this season.

It seems every year I hear about how good PC's team is....

Also, considering you all have split with York every year but one in the last 5 or 6 years I wouldn't say that "it is rare they beat Pickett."