MY FINAL 2012 CLASS 3A TOP TEN POLL...........ENJOY

howdoitknow

I'd say you have the first six in the correct order. CAK and Alcoa are clearly head and shoulders above the rest of 3A. There's a big drop-off after those two. The next four are above average teams who could beat all others in 3A. After that, there's another big drop off and it really doesn't matter which order they're in.

I'd say you have the first six in the correct order. CAK and Alcoa are clearly head and shoulders above the rest of 3A. There's a big drop-off after those two. The next four are above average teams who could beat all others in 3A. After that, there's another big drop off and it really doesn't matter which order they're in.

Why are CAK and Alcoa head and shoulders above the rest? How do they get so good?

1.) CAK

2.) Alcoa

3.) Milan

4.) Elizabethton

5.) CPA

6.) Cheatham County

7.) Sullivan North

8.) Fairview

9.) Kingston

10.) Camden/Hickman County (TIE)

I believe Elizabethton would beat milan this year. Just my opinion from what i saw yesterday. I hope none of the milan fans see this because they will start calling me names.

GO CYCLONES!!!!

Why are CAK and Alcoa head and shoulders above the rest? How do they get so good?

If you're asking me why I think they are head and shoulders above the rest it's simple. Most 3A teams don't come within three touchdowns of beating either team.

If you're asking how they got so good, I couldn't give you any details. But it certainly consist of a combination of good players and good coaching.

I believe Elizabethton would beat milan this year. Just my opinion from what i saw yesterday. I hope none of the milan fans see this because they will start calling me names.

GO CYCLONES!!!!

Do you really want to beg for third place? Finishing in a top ten poll might be good for a coach's resume. But what really matters (since the playoff era), what people will remember, is getting a gold or silver ball at the end of the year.

GO CYCLONES!!!!

I'm not going to call you names cyclone and I am a milan fan! Don't sterotype all for what one does. But with that being said understand you are rubbing salt in a fresh wound on a couple different threads with little basis with which to form an opinion. Yes we have a common opponent but we both lost to that opponent. I dare mention you lost a week earlier. So you saw our game last night well great CAK certainly played well and tough a team like that can make anyone look rough. The comments you make don't hurt Milan any worse or congratulate CAK or benefit Elizabethton so why continue to make them. I hope I haven't offended you but don't take anything away from these young men that left it all on the field last night it's not their fault yall had to play a week earlier than we did.

GO CYCLONES!!!!

I see Loudon, Kingston and Betsy as comparable. All fine programs. I hope we could beat any of them next year.

I'm not going to call you names cyclone and I am a milan fan! Don't sterotype all for what one does. But with that being said understand you are rubbing salt in a fresh wound on a couple different threads with little basis with which to form an opinion. Yes we have a common opponent but we both lost to that opponent. I dare mention you lost a week earlier. So you saw our game last night well great CAK certainly played well and tough a team like that can make anyone look rough. The comments you make don't hurt Milan any worse or congratulate CAK or benefit Elizabethton so why continue to make them. I hope I haven't offended you but don't take anything away from these young men that left it all on the field last night it's not their fault yall had to play a week earlier than we did.

Great post and I'm a cyclone fan and we forget sometimes that this is just a football game and the most important thing is these young kids and all the hard work they do to get this far.

I have been on both sides of this post season debate regarding who is "the next best". For me, I must admit that it gave me some comfort to have the champions (Alcoa at the time) come back and testify that they believed we were the next best team they had played all year in 3A. They would quickly add that it would be interesting to see a CAK vs. Milan game. It gave me some sense of peace and accomplishment since we didn't get a silver ball to put in the trophy case for being eliminated in the 2nd or 3rd round by the eventual champion. Now that it is our turn to be reflective I feel an obligation to offer an honest opinion, while still being respectful of all the teams and the system we have in place to determine a champion. Just like in the NFL, when either the AFC or the NFC may have the 2 or 3 best teams overall, only one team will represent each conference in the Super Bowl.

With all that said, I will say that ALCOA was the best team CAK played all year. I believe the Tornadoes would have defeated any of the teams that CAK faced. But I will add that the teams we faced would match up better with Alcoa simply because of their style of play, primarily a running game. Betsy and Milan would definitely be a good game to watch, not sure who would win. I think the playoff version of Kingston could make a game of it with both. As for teams like CPA, Fairview, Hickman County, Camden, Cheatham County, etc... I really don't know since we haven't played them. Obviously there were several very good teams in 3A this year.