BRAC 2013

GreenPap

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I make about 5 or 6 basketball games a year. My granddaughter is a cheerleader in Greene Co. and my best friends neice plays for cd. I try to keep up with it some, kinda gives me something to do. Someone said that CD would be tough and challenge Greeneville but I don't see that. Been to 3 games this year including seeing the Hilltoppers beat Greeneville. I really thought Greeneville would play with them after seeing them at Grainger but was mistaken on that one. A wanna be analyst? haha. Just said what I saw after irnhead said he was there. I thought the big kid would be the downfall of CD since they don't have anyone that big, but I bet CD got more rebounds, that was my analysis. If he is your kid extrapass, I'm sorry. Everyone can have a bad night or two. I sure didn't want to offend anyone. Just like talking sports. Baseball is my favorite anyway. Probably make 15 or 20 games a year, Try to make 5 or 6 Unicoi games a year. They have a good program.

Edited by GreenPap

GreenPap, I enjoy your posts. You are not bashing anyone, just giving your opinion after watching some good district basketball. I am new to this and just like talking a little high school sports. I think the BRAC will be a dogfight, but for 2nd place only. I would enjoy an upset of Greeneville and make my prediction wrong.

Greenpap I think your posts are fine. Some people take these things more seriously than others. Just ignore it. If someone is respectable I don't care how many or few games they see or post. I don't have to read it if I don't want. It's always good to remember that all these players are someone's loved one, and most of them will never play professionally. So like many of us, if we can grab some nice entertainment and watch these young athletes play, and then we want to say something about what we observed with some manners, great. Or if that doesn't suit someone they can always stay home and watch TV. It's always available.

From what I have seen, that's all you have done and it is not a problem. Not sure anyone meant it was but there's room here for all to post. at least I hope so.

I make about 5 or 6 basketball games a year. My granddaughter is a cheerleader in Greene Co. and my best friends neice plays for cd. I try to keep up with it some, kinda gives me something to do. Someone said that CD would be tough and challenge Greeneville but I don't see that. Been to 3 games this year including seeing the Hilltoppers beat Greeneville. I really thought Greeneville would play with them after seeing them at Grainger but was mistaken on that one. A wanna be analyst? haha. Just said what I saw after irnhead said he was there. I thought the big kid would be the downfall of CD since they don't have anyone that big, but I bet CD got more rebounds, that was my analysis. If he is your kid extrapass, I'm sorry. Everyone can have a bad night or two. I sure didn't want to offend anyone. Just like talking sports. Baseball is my favorite anyway. Probably make 15 or 20 games a year, Try to make 5 or 6 Unicoi games a year. They have a good program.

My bad GreenPap, I didn't mean that as a knock against you, although I can see how it can be taken that way. I was referring to myself as being the fan and then a wanna be analyst. No harm meant at all.

How are the Gap and Claiborne doing? I think I saw somebody post that Cumberland Gap is pretty good this year and somebody else said that a kid from Claiborne was one of the best in the conference. And have Chuckey Doak and South Greene played yet?

Edited by ExtraPass

Chuckey Doak beat South Greene by about 20 twice now.Claiborne lost to Gap by 3 and Gap only lost to Greeneville by 2 at home, but I gotta think that was a bad night for Greeneville. I think 2nd is up for grabs between cd/gap/grainger with both cd/gap an advantage over Grainger since they have both won the first games.

Chuckey Doak has lots of talent and I think they could have it together by the end of the regular season and give Greeneville a good run for the championship. That said, Greeneville is a very well coached team, and they can shoot the eyes out of the hoop from any range. Grainger does not appear to be stepping up to where the early season thinking had them, so it looks like Greeneville's to lose, and CD maybe capable of making that happen. Who wants it the most. Should be a fun last half of season to watch.

Grainger will be fine. Not sure about those early predictions. They lost 4 starters from last season. Young team. Young teams are inconsistent from game to game and sometimes during the same game. Their young guys are talented, just need experience. They have some really close losses. It's Greenevilles to lose. Gap is second IMO.

• 2 weeks later...