How about Gordonsville's crowd ? Especially for a 1A school

wolverine18

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah it is only a 30 mile trip for us but we travel like that no matter where we play... The population is only about 12-1300 for Gordonsville but we have towns like Hickman, Lancaster, New Middleton, Brush Creek and Sykes where people have grown up all there lives... Beech"5A" might be a hour or little more drive for them and they didn't have we brought... Friendship had a pretty decent crowd and they are 45 minutes away... I guess the point that the town of Gordonsville was trying to make is "we love our football and our team".. We sold over 1800 tickets at our school, the second highest ever...

Gordonsville would have brought close to the same crowd if the game had been in Memphis or Kingsport. Yes we had people from surrounding communities there to support our boys. Those people wouldn't have traveled as far but those who were wearing royal blue would have been there wherever the game was played.

have to disagree with you rb42, Gville bringa the town/county no matter how far the team travels, even Friday night games on the road is packed sometimes easily doubling the size of the "homecrowd".

Like rb42 said if we didnt have a 3 1/2 hour drive and instead had 30 minutes we would've all been there. A lot of us went even then. Also if the whole county got it it wouldve made a difference as well. Every team in this county has a big crowd come from their team, but at the same time most of us would come support other schools in county if it was a close drive since people in the whole county know each other. I dont think rb42 was saying more of yours wouldnt have showed up he was just saying our would be even bigger. We still did very impressive fanwise in my opinion.

I am very happy you guys had a great fanbase, it is good for the kids out there makes them feel better and means more when they play. Keep it up.

We also had quite a few people come from out of state, so they would've probably came regardless.

No matter where they held it, we would've had quite a few people there.

We're 30 miles from Cookeville, 40 from Murfreesboro and 50 from Nashville. It's not like either one would have been too far to drive.

The only team I've seen that travels as well as we do is Smith County.

We fill up the visitor bleachers every where we go and then some.

No matter where is was at, we would've had the same amount of people +/- 50.