The NEW District 13-AA 2013

gohornets

First off, congrats to both Milan and Covington for making it to the state championship game this year from this district. But everyone crawls back into their caves until next season let's take a look into what next year holds for each team in the newly modified district 13-AA. The teams included are:

Milan

Westview

Crockett

South Gibson

Dyersburg

Obion

So just tell us what you know about the future of your team. Players graduating, future stars, future areas of strength/weakness, transfer students, future projections, or really just anything to do with this district and its teams.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There really arent any push-overs in this district. I agree crockett will be strong next year. Milan will reload and be pretty good, and dyersburg will be strong. Obion probably will still be down and westview solid. South Gibson could honestly finish last or could finish in the top two or three if not win it IMO. There are a lot of good players comming up and already had a guy move her from MO to play at sg who is supposed to be a real playmaker. Qb will be better than everyone expects, and returning most of the players on a solid defense. The 2 big question marks are o-line and rb. The athletes are there so im not really worried about rb, but the oline is losing 4 starters and i feel like there will be a good drop-off in talent. They might be undersized as well. My prediction is they finish around .500 with alot of sohpemore and juniors playing. As for Milan, Im guessing Booth will be one of the primary backs nex year? I know they have a couple of lineman thatll be pretty good next year as well. Any speculation on who the Milan Qb will be next year??

4 Players will compete...Garner, Harrison, Walker, Powell

Harrison will probably get the job..Tall, atheletic, has some speed but lacks arm strength but you really don't need that at Milan they only throw it 8 to 10 times a game if that...But why should you when you can win running..

Powell... If he wants it...The starting QB for Milan has a younger brother but heard he don't want to be QB...He is very fast and has an arm...Morris likes a young guy to mold for 3 years...

Edited by baseballnut86

There really arent any push-overs in this district. I agree crockett will be strong next year. Milan will reload and be pretty good, and dyersburg will be strong. Obion probably will still be down and westview solid. South Gibson could honestly finish last or could finish in the top two or three if not win it IMO. There are a lot of good players comming up and already had a guy move her from MO to play at sg who is supposed to be a real playmaker. Qb will be better than everyone expects, and returning most of the players on a solid defense. The 2 big question marks are o-line and rb. The athletes are there so im not really worried about rb, but the oline is losing 4 starters and i feel like there will be a good drop-off in talent. They might be undersized as well. My prediction is they finish around .500 with alot of sohpemore and juniors playing. As for Milan, Im guessing Booth will be one of the primary backs nex year? I know they have a couple of lineman thatll be pretty good next year as well. Any speculation on who the Milan Qb will be next year??

I believe the back-up, Dale (I believe is his first name) Garner, will be the qb at Milan next year. He is only a sophmore this year and has looked very good in scrimmages and playing limited time in some games this year. Yes, there are other options, but I believe he is the most likely choice.

Also, I expect the Milan D to be prettly solid next year. Gillespie, who filled in for Arkel Coleman at linebacker, when Arkel was playing just running back, looked very solid. Also, Roshawn Mays went out with some torn ligaments earlier in the season. He will only be a junior. Both of these guys are solid and I believe will probably get some playing time on offense as well.

Garner and Mays will both be seniors next year @ Milan. Crockett will be good for sure. South Gibson will have trouble transitioning from the spread into another offense imo. If they try and run the spread I don't believe they have the athletes to run it sucessfully but time will tell. They will have a big chip on their shoulder to prove they can compete without the Walden brothers. Milan will need some help from upcoming sophmores but there were some definite bright spots with a few of the sophmores this year. #6, #9, #55 & one more, just can't remember the uni number all played signifigant snaps this year. Milan's seniors will need to show leadership to get back to the championship again.

Garner and Mays will both be seniors next year @ Milan. Crockett will be good for sure. South Gibson will have trouble transitioning from the spread into another offense imo. If they try and run the spread I don't believe they have the athletes to run it sucessfully but time will tell. They will have a big chip on their shoulder to prove they can compete without the Walden brothers. Milan will need some help from upcoming sophmores but there were some definite bright spots with a few of the sophmores this year. #6, #9, #55 & one more, just can't remember the uni number all played signifigant snaps this year. Milan's seniors will need to show leadership to get back to the championship again.

My bad... you are correct about Garner and Mays.

I think some of the athletes sgc has will suprise people. They may not have as big big-play ability as the waldens did but theyre good and there is alot of em. More than i realized and a lot of them will be soph. and junior. So I dont think theyll scrap the offense; itll still be the triple-option, i think theyll throw the ball more an may spread the field more. Hayden is a more acurate passer than carlos and he can run too.

Only time will tell what these two teams can do going foward. I hope Milan vs. SGC next year is as good as it has been the past 2 (regular season) games.

Edited by gohornets