Good Night for Blount County Girls in 4AAA

GovMan

You sure you have your travel ball facts correct? Not so sure. Also, what part of Blount County is Knoxville in? This thread is about the girls of blount county by those that have followed and know the facts about them. Blount full of girls with AAU and USBA National Championships. Tons of girls from both Flights, Threat, Hoopitup and other top AAU programs. In fact...a lot of your Knoxville girls play with them and/or have lost to these programs.

I am not going to bad mouth Fulton or the Private schools. Or any other knox co school as I do not follow them or care what they do. My focus and comments will be directed toward the blount girls and their season.

Edited by Bcbasketball

All four Blount Co teams are average at best. Knox has several teams that are better.CAK, Webb, Fulton, Farragut and Bearden will or would sweep their Blount counterparts. The Knox teams have more players that play quality travel ball during the summer.

WC ... just want to make sure I understand your post. Are you saying that Bearden's girls will sweep William Blount?

Edited by GovMan

William Blount beat Bearden in Dec. so that's one sweep that can't happen. Hopefully one of the other Blount County teams can sneak in a victory!

Yeah TCT ... I was just "checking" WC on that prediction :) ...I believe if Heritage can get it together, they can challenge Bearden and Farragut, as can WB and Maryville. This girl's district tournament ought to be real interesting this year. On any given night. WB girls got a good win over LC. They've just got to figure out how to get some consistency. When they are "on" ... they are very competitive.

All four Blount Co teams are average at best. Knox has several teams that are better.CAK, Webb, Fulton, Farragut and Bearden will or would sweep their Blount counterparts. The Knox teams have more players that play quality travel ball during the summer.

I'll stick with it.Did not say they were bad, only average.
  • Maryville 7-7
  • William Blount 10-10
  • Alcoa 7-5
  • Heritage 10-6 (2 wins vs a school with less than 200 students)

Knoxville's best five

• Farragut 16-2
  • Bearden 13-4
  • Fulton 10-3
  • Webb 12-4 Div II
  • CAK 9-4

Yes; William Blount upset Bearden. Average teams beat good teams every night. Just sayin, Blount teams are down this year and will not get past Knox teams come tournament time. Mentioned travel ball play as a possible reason Knox may be more advanced, could be wrong on this theory. I guess all will be revealed in the next month!

Ok WCdog, I will give you that. But dont be fooled by alcoa's record. Took Bradley Central to wire at Bradley...their closest game yet. Beat an undefeated Creek wood at the time. Beat mcminn central and white co. Losses against Cleveland ,bearden,livingston and a very good elizabethton team. Should have beat Bearden. They really dont have a bad loss. With that said, Alcoa would still have a hard time with CAK, Fulton, and Farragut do to size. But they play way above average most night.

Not trying to pick an argument...just wanted to defend the travel ball statement but understand now what you were trying to say.

Edited by Bcbasketball

I'll stick with it.Did not say they were bad, only average.

• Maryville 7-7
  • William Blount 10-10
  • Alcoa 7-5
  • Heritage 10-6 (2 wins vs a school with less than 200 students)

Knoxville's best five

• Farragut 16-2
  • Bearden 13-4
  • Fulton 10-3
  • Webb 12-4 Div II
  • CAK 9-4

Yes; William Blount upset Bearden. Average teams beat good teams every night. Just sayin, Blount teams are down this year and will not get past Knox teams come tournament time. Mentioned travel ball play as a possible reason Knox may be more advanced, could be wrong on this theory. I guess all will be revealed in the next month!

Not sure about how tournament will go, or about travel ball ... but I am sure that your orignal post was erroneous.

Heritage vs William Blount Friday night, should be a great game. County braggin rights plus it will go a long way in determining tournament seeding.Think Heritage will win but since I miss 50% of the time, William Blount will probably pull out the home win by 1 point!

Wish I could be there but got go 90 miles for a district game maybe I can listen on my phone.

Good luck to both teams (no injuries please)!

Heritage beat a very good WB team. Only other team to beat them was Farragut.

I believe--regardless of what the Knoxvegas folks say--that Heritage, WB, and Maryville will represent Blount County well in the upcoming tournament. And speaking as a WB fan, I am very excited about the future. We've got some really solid freshmen and sophomores coming up, as well as really good programs at both Carpenters Middle and Union Grove. The key will be getting the players we are supposed to get! Our school zone splits some of the CMS girls with Heritage, but I believe all of the Union Grove girls will be zoned for WB.