Bray's Rankings for Dec 10, 2012

CoachBray

You also have the problem of wrestlers going down and doing by the TSSAA standard so wrestlers who would usually start do not wrestle because they are going down a weight class. This leaves holes in lineups and you do not know where some wrestlers are going to wrestle.

Give credit to those who try to do polls during the early season. It does not matter until February. However, most wrestlers will be at their wanted weight after Christmas so the polls after Christmas will be more accurate. The polls now give you a standard of where your wrestler stacks up at this point. It WILL change after Christmas.

Some is just predictions for example kids gaining weight from previous season... For example I personally think Sidney blackwood from germantown shouldn't be ranked 1st in the other rankings yes he is highest finisher from last year but so far only person this year yes wrestled tough per results is Nick Gray in the BH finals and got dominated I think 9-1... Not taking anything from nick because I know he deserves to be ranked what he is but Sidney hasn't proven to be #1 rank but its all predictions... After Xmas is when results are way more accurate

Woundering how you can rank a wrestler in the number one spot when he was out all last year, then putting him ahead of a kid that is ranked in the top 30 in the country.

What national ranking has Matlock in the top 30? I haven't seen it. He is a good wrestler, but i doubt you will find many disagree with Bray's ranking. I wouldn't be surprised to see Matlock stay at 170 so it may not even be a topic for discussion.

What national ranking has Matlock in the top 30? I haven't seen it. He is a good wrestler, but i doubt you will find many disagree with Bray's ranking. I wouldn't be surprised to see Matlock stay at 170 so it may not even be a topic for discussion.

i agree completley. I would have Lopez ranked higher as well. I would think Matlock would stay at 170 as well where the road will be much easier

IN USA wrestling site top seniors

Do you mean Wrestling USA Magazine? Not seen it in USA Wrestling - 2 separate groups. He is in the special mention section - thats good recognition for Keagan. There are several TN boys in it. Here is the site : http://www.wrestling...twrestlers.html . Never read this magazine but good to see some TN guys noted.

I still dont put him over Lopez however. Here are the past 3 year facts:

Lopez 2010 130 lb 5th / Matlock 2010 152 lb SQ

Lopez 2011 140 lb 1st / Matlock 2011 152 lb 6th

Lopez 2012 DNW / Matlock 2012 142 lb 3rd

Those are the numbers, but i will note in 2011 when Lopez won his title he beat Parker Smith and Chad Isbell. Parker was 1st and Chad 2nd @ 152 lb in 2012. Only head to head comparisons, although a year apart, you can make that i am aware of. Bottom line is everyone has an opinion and until they wrestle none are wrong. I just listed my reasoning. What is yours?

Edited by baller95