Time for play review @ The State Championships

FBEmeritus

Yes this really isn't about replay specifically, its about making good officiating a priority and the dedication of resources thereto. The Association concedes that each year they loose their better officials because of money (officiating pay has been basically flat for four years) to other leagues or interests. Interesing though is that officer compensation at the Association went from $464,221 in 2009 to $577,321 in 2011 so I guess its more important (and judging from the $$$, it far more important) to take care of administration than it is for those officiation/controlling games, the ladder of whom judges and determines the outcome/safety of 99.99% of player, coach, and parent effort here. I wonder how the executives would feel if in a nanosecond thier year's considerable effort and passion where trashed by indifference and incompentency. Bottom line here is that this leadership team does what most leadership teams do absent restaint (values) and oversight (Board) and that is take care of themselves at the expense of everyone else.

Edited by airstrip1

Still think it was too iffy of a call to make in that big a situation but TSSAA official statement said it was a "judgement call" and applied correctly

http://blountpressro...further-review/

Company Line.... problematic..............Not "judgement"...."invented".....and the article also states......Gillespie said. "It became a judgement call of if he (Fields) was on the 1 and 1/2 or 1 yard line"...........Which that statement in itself is asinine...With the "expanded neutral zone" of 2 yards...It would NOT matter if it was the 1 and 1/2 or 1 yardline with the ball snapped on the 3 yardline.... because both are legal!!!!

Gillespie's argument is a mute point.....plain and simple....

Edited by STARSNBARS

Still think it was too iffy of a call to make in that big a situation but TSSAA official statement said it was a "judgement call" and applied correctly

http://blountpressrow.com/2012/12/after-further-review/

But what is a judgement call?

Sort of like calling a hold on every play

Good or bad call - still we don't need replay in HS ball

So TSSAA said judgement call, but did they ever come out to say if it was correct call or blown call?

But what is a judgement call?

Sort of like calling a hold on every play

Good or bad call - still we don't need replay in HS ball

So TSSAA said judgement call, but did they ever come out to say if it was correct call or blown call?

reed my post above...nuff sed........

Obviously they don't know their own rules...and/or blind...and or didn't want the team in white to win...and/or more worried about covering their rearends than admitting that they were caught red handed...... :popcorneater:

Edited by STARSNBARS

The ref wasn't African American but the man that threw the flag was...does that mean he did it on purpose...NO. It has no meaning to me at all...but the player, #50, WAS NOT IN THE ENDZONE WHEN THE BALL WAS CAUGHT! Why hasn't this Childress man made a statement yet...is this Gillespie dude a football man or just a media director from T$$AA.

Where was this crew from anyway? Betting they were from West Tenn. I have seen this play over and over and over and over again and again. #50 was NOT in the endzone when the ball was thrown...he wan't in the endzone when the ball was caught either. Official screwed up and the head referee did nothing to stop it from happening either!

They are from the Clarksville area. Most of the guys on the crew are good guys and know the rules. The one who threw the flag doesn't and shouldn't be out there. A lot of coaches in the games he calls don't like him and know they are in for a long night when he is out there.

The ref wasn't African American but the man that threw the flag was...does that mean he did it on purpose...NO. It has no meaning to me at all...but the player, #50, WAS NOT IN THE ENDZONE WHEN THE BALL WAS CAUGHT! Why hasn't this Childress man made a statement yet...is this Gillespie dude a football man or just a media director from T$$AA.

Just curious why would you make a statement that u acknowledged has NO meaning? All the threads about the game have already been taken down or locked due to meaningless statements like this...ijs

problematic,

Follow along...I said because he was an African-American does that mean he threw the flag on purpose, and my response was NO, it doesn't mean he threw it on purpose...BUT HE COULD HAVE! I have also read where this man is not liked by officials in his group...SEE ABOVE STATEMENT FROM NOK...if he doesn't know the rules and he doesn't deserve to be doing this game...THEN WHY THE HECK WAS HE THERE! Who selects the ref's for the Championship games anyway? I bet GQ is really going to be pissed if he hears that this man doesn't know the rules...wait a minute, GQ already knows this cause of the 6A game when this ref screwed Maryville.

Edited by devilsden