Soddy by God vs Cleveland

Joewaddell3

No Cleveland was not near full strength tonight as someone suggested earlier. Oliver, Hamilton, and West (all 3 currrently #1 in the state) did not wrestle. Additionally, 3 others (Debian, Stevison, and Taylor) were just returning to the mat after being out with the flu. Soddy looked tough tonight as expected but look for a much closer dual at the end of the season.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No Cleveland was not near full strength tonight as someone suggested earlier. Oliver, Hamilton, and West (all 3 currrently #1 in the state) did not wrestle. Additionally, 3 others (Debian, Stevison, and Taylor) were just returning to the mat after being out with the flu. Soddy looked tough tonight as expected but look for a much closer dual at the end of the season.

So Cleveland had three big guns missing and Soddy had at least one. Did Jonah Smith or Blake Henry wrestle? they had been out as well I think. Did someone say Deckelman was going 132? Some Soddy parents told me he couldnt even make 138? Must have been some Soddy strategy.

So Cleveland had three big guns missing and Soddy had at least one. Did Jonah Smith or Blake Henry wrestle? they had been out as well I think. Did someone say Deckelman was going 132? Some Soddy parents told me he couldnt even make 138? Must have been some Soddy strategy.

So why does Cleveland have 3 big guns out? Marginalize Soddy's win all you guys want,,,but pray they aren't 100% come Feb...Soddy kicked some #### tonight,,,regardless whether folks like it or not...maybe next time all the BIG GUNS will show up....

CC,,,sends...

Edited by CupCake

To imply Cleveland lost because of what you stated in your post,,, is pathetic....

Cleveland forfeited the Henry vs West match,,,and then Soddy forfeit back to make it a wash....

Debian Tech-ed his kid,,,so flu or no flu...?

Steven's on any given day can beat a healthy or sick Stevenson...they are both even and can go either way on any day....#1 vs 2 !?

Oliver whether he's on the team or on weight,, will have all he wants with Tucker when or if it happens!

Deckelman as of today is 135 and feeling great on his way to 132......but if he gets the flu I will let you know...

Deckelman vs Hamilton wouldn't have changed this match one bit if it happened tonight...but it might in Feb....again,,,#1 vs #2 can go either way...

J Smith is out right now, but if he comes back he will man handle anyone Cleveland puts at 138, flu or no flu...he's that good this year...Cleveland got Lopez back,,,,maybe Smith will be back and full strength come Feb.

Oh,,,and our light heavy with a knee injury,,,,you will see him in Feb too...

Soddy won no matter how you slice it,,,take your lumps like a man....and lets see what happens in Feb...

Nobody likes to lose,,,but you did,,,fair and square,,,period

Congrats to #1 Soddy Daisy (Div 1)

CC,,,sends....

Edited by CupCake

Wow. Suprises me. Although he is the master of keeping it close without actually shooting. Not knocking him, he is very good at looking busy with level changes and hand movement and tough to score on. I watched the Marchetti match and i didnt see one attempted move other than a stand up in regulation or any of the overtimes. What was the score on this one? I bet 3-2

Turbo strategically saved all he had for the final 20 seconds. Did just enough to avoid stall calls before then. Sounds like more smart wrestling against Lopez.

Congrats to a very competitive Higgins! Very impressive win!

Really Soms not sure what match you were watching but the kid from Cleveland wrestles by stalling the entire match, he took 1 yes 1 shot the entire 8 minutes total they wrestled compared to 5 that Turbo took! And heck the one takedown he tried was with 6 seconds left in the entire match, he should have been hit with stalling multiple times and did not! It was a boring match with hardly any offense and that was with Turbo even wrestling up to 160 to wrestle against Lopez. But again not sure you watched the same match that everyone else did Soms but I can prob get some video for you and you can see how much offense Lopez put out compared to Turbo. Good Lord Som

Edited by cobrakid8

So why does Cleveland have 3 big guns out? Marginalize Soddy's win all you guys want,,,but pray they aren't 100% come Feb...Soddy kicked some #### tonight,,,regardless whether folks like it or not...maybe next time all the BIG GUNS will show up....

CC,,,sends...

Yep congratulations to Soddy Central and me. Soddy Central is going to kick it up a notch when me and my son transfer over there, so have no fear mike scott is near boys and girls!! Look for back to back state crowns just like THE C!

Yep congratulations to Soddy Central and me. Soddy Central is going to kick it up a notch when me and my son transfer over there, so have no fear mike scott is near boys and girls!! Look for back to back state crowns just like THE C!

How old is your son/ what grade?

What weight?

How tough?

GLC Home relocation company offers a discount if your son has ever beat a ranked kid...

And if he's ranked ...we can waive the $175 deposit on his State Championship ring...

It's a little off topic but I noticed your profile picture......tight fit,,,or is it like walking in slippers up stairs?

CC,,,sends...

Really Soms not sure what match you were watching but the kid from Cleveland wrestles by stalling the entire match, he took 1 yes 1 shot the entire 8 minutes total they wrestled compared to 5 that Turbo took! And heck the one takedown he tried was with 6 seconds left in the entire match, he should have been hit with stalling multiple times and did not! It was a boring match with hardly any offense and that was with Turbo even wrestling up to 160 to wrestle against Lopez. But again not sure you watched the same match that everyone else did Soms but I can prob get some video for you and you can see how much offense Lopez put out compared to Turbo. Good Lord Som

I saw the marchetti match, not Lopez. I was assuming a similar game plan, but my bad it appears. Congrats on the more aggressive style against Lopez!! No tape,,, ill see them perhaps another day.