Jackson Southside

wingtfan

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then I'm betting it won't take very long for a state power to rise out of Jackson.

Just my opinion.

True enspecially in 2014, i heard that all the kids want to go to Liberty and JCM. North Side, i dont know yet. South Side, nobody very few are intersting in them. But Liberty and JCM are the two schools that all the kids (including Middle School) wants to go.

Cubs, are you hearing any names around the Jackson area? I have not heard one name except for Comer.

I don't know yet. I may be wrong but I don't think nobody is interesting because of what this past fall. North Side and Liberty both went to the Semifinals. JCM and TCA both went to the playoffs, both teams are extremely young and good. USJ goes to Cookeville every 2 out of 3 years. JCS struggle this year.

Again, I haven't heard any assisstants in Jackson interesting, so I think Comer is South Side best shot.

I have heard there has been some contact with the defensive coordinator from Dresden. He was once the offensive coordinator at Henry Co. too. If you look at what he has done over the last 8 years it is mighty impressive. He is a coach in our district along with Comer. Comer has done a great job in McKenzie and is a great man for the job. They have struggled the last 2 years and he may be looking for some new blood mold. The guy from Dresden's last name is Hodge. He coaches with his brother at Dresden. If South Side were to hire either it would be a move in the right direction. I'm sure there are a few other names out there but I doubt any can do the job these 2 would do. Eventhough we (Huntingdon) have dominated the district the last 2 years we would be glad to see either of these guys go so it is even easier for us in the future cause we have alot to replace on offense this year plus we are moving up to 2A.

I have heard there has been some contact with the defensive coordinator from Dresden. He was once the offensive coordinator at Henry Co. too. If you look at what he has done over the last 8 years it is mighty impressive. He is a coach in our district along with Comer. Comer has done a great job in McKenzie and is a great man for the job. They have struggled the last 2 years and he may be looking for some new blood mold. The guy from Dresden's last name is Hodge. He coaches with his brother at Dresden. If South Side were to hire either it would be a move in the right direction. I'm sure there are a few other names out there but I doubt any can do the job these 2 would do. Eventhough we (Huntingdon) have dominated the district the last 2 years we would be glad to see either of these guys go so it is even easier for us in the future cause we have alot to replace on offense this year plus we are moving up to 2A.

+1

Nobody may want the job all that much if they are going to open enrollment in the county. Most kids are going to end up trying to go to Northside or Liberty. JCM and Southside with get stuck with what's left over and the athletic programs will struggle. It basically makes it a recruiting war between the schools which is illegal but a reality. Comer and Hodge may want to stay where they are if the $ and support aren't there. Comer would be a front runner for many jobs he applies for with his experience and success at McKenzie but I'm sure he isn't just going to take just any job if he is wanting out of McKenzie. He is going to go somewhere he can have success.