District 15A

Intense

TCA is a very good team. Hall had a great game. TCA's defense is very aggressive. As you refer to their defense as relentless, it is called FOULING. TCA shot in the double bonus both halves. Riverside shot ONE free throw in the first half. TCA hand checked, forearmed, and bumped dribblers all night long. Late in the 2nd qtr. after TCA being in the double bonus, 4 blown block/charge calls, and Riverside only shooting ONE free throw, their coach had enough and was Teed up. After this point, the fouls was pretty well even the rest of the night.

Maybe you should check that. Saying TCA shot in the double bonus in both halves is a little skewed, so did Riverside. In the first half, there were the same amount of fouls called. In the second half, Im pretty sure it was about 14 fouls (scoreboard stops at 10 and I know there were a few more) against TCA and 2 against Riverside very late in the game, as in 3 1/2 minutes left. Riverside then had to foul at the end and it took several fouls just to put TCA in the bonus and bc they had to foul is the only reason they reached double bonus. TCA does play agressive defense and with that there will be fouls. Please dont get on here and make it look someone was cheated and not give all the information.

TCA played a stretch in that game that I have been waiting to see from them and Riverside is a good team and can be dangerous come tournament time as they have plenty of weapons.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TCA is a very good team. Hall had a great game. TCA's defense is very aggressive. As you refer to their defense as relentless, it is called FOULING. TCA shot in the double bonus both halves. Riverside shot ONE free throw in the first half. TCA hand checked, forearmed, and bumped dribblers all night long. Late in the 2nd qtr. after TCA being in the double bonus, 4 blown block/charge calls, and Riverside only shooting ONE free throw, their coach had enough and was Teed up. After this point, the fouls was pretty well even the rest of the night.

According to the newspaper, the technical foul was called on a Riverside player, not the coach. The blocking call that preceeded the technical was a good call. The Riverside player was floping. Perhaps the Riverside player should have controlled his emotions after the play better.

Great game though. Big crowd for both teams and the atmosphere was outstanding. Too bad the rematch at Riverside is on a Tuesday night. You can listen to a replay of this game at http://www.gracebroadcasting.com

On Tuesday, TCA travels down Hwy 45 & 64 to take on Adamsville. TCA has only won one game in Adamsville in school history. The Lions lead 15A and bring a #3 state ranking into this game. Adamsville is looking to defend their home court and climb back into the 15A race.

If you can't make the game, you can listen in on WDVW 105.3fm. You can also listen in online at http://www.gracebroadcasting.com . The pregame show begins at 5:45pm central time. The girls start the night at 6pm with the boys to follow. Stan Gerard will have the call of the game.

Enjoy the broadcast.