Ridge to William Blount

Hopeful4WB

I know what you mean 91. Its only Tuesday. I want to see how Coach Ridge has adjusted his defense. Receivers got behind our DBs at Soddy, Seymour, and Alcoa.

well they have got burned on some short passes but they have defended the deep ball pretty well. I don't know how much you watched them last year but they were absolutely terrible in the secondary, just awful. They are improved from last year in that department but the linebacker corp is a different story. Last year they were strong at the linebacker position but weak in the secondary, so the defensive problems have flip flopped. I know one thing though, if lane bloom was still at wb this would be one scary team. As for loudon (and the first few games for that matter) , I don't see them out scoring wb, even if the defense continues to struggle for a few games. I honestly think this team can win most if not all of the first 5 with offense alone but the 2nd half of the season will be a different story. They will definitely need to have all the defensive issues worked out by the time knox west comes to town.of course this only my opinion and I'm no expert. Edited by Governors91

IMO the toughest game in the 1st 5 games will be Jefferson county. Thè Govs play them at home the 5th game of the season. If the Govs continue to struggle on defense this could be a really tough one and could go either way . However I would think the Govs will have most of the defensive problems sorted out by then but if they don't it could be a long second half of the season. Jefferson county has been a one dimensional team and if you can stiop jones you can beat them, provided your offense can score. Last year the Govs were able to stop jones but couldn't get their offense going and lost 13-7. I don't think the Govs will have trouble scoring this year (provided they stay healthy) , this game will be won or lost on the defensive side of the ball.

I think that depending on the opponent, Otis should stay at safety to help protect the deep ball and read, then if the other team gets inside the 35 or 40 move him to LB. One of the less experienced safeties then has less real estate to cover and we would have a major force closer to the line of scrimmage. Offensively we doing ok and will get better as the season goes on. Daniels lacks experience and throws into double coverage more often than I like but as he gets experience he should be able to read the defenses better. He also puts to much air under the ball but as he gains confidence, his arm will get stronger and should help that. Most teams gain most of their yards passing after the catch, so I like over the middle, crossing patterns, screens and swing passes best. That will also open up the deep ball. Because we can run the ball, our passing game will be exciting.

Make no mistake, Daniels is dangerous at the QB position, just with a few adjustments our offense would be unstoppable. Luke Manning at Sevier puts air under his ball but is very accurate and put up record numbers as a junior last year. He also reads defenses quickly and knows when to pull it down and run with it. Our advantage is that we can run and pass, and that makes our offense very dangerous. Man, is it Friday yet?

WB 31. Loudon 21

I like that score wb85......I think Loudon will score some TD's, while WB is still trying to find the right adjustments on Defense.  I see the WB offense looking pretty good and putting up between 28-35 points.  Although, one guy that has seen Loudon play the last 3 or 4 years told me that they run a cover 0 and cover 1 defense, if they run that and our offense is clicking, there will be an opportunity for even more points.  It is an exciting time, I am ready to see them in a real game.  I expect Otis to make his presence felt in a big way, and hopefully, the physicalness he brings into the game will rub off on others.....I want to see WB hit people this year.

Edited by jake

Hey guys just wondering when the game starts on Friday? I have heard several people say 7 and a few say 7:30. Quite a few people that I have talked to will be coming down from Lenoir city to watch this game. And just FYI  I know that WB and Loudon haven't played so I will tell you that they charge you to park there so be prepared to bring a little extra for parking. I will also tell you that if you don't get there a little early the entrance closest to the street side can get quite backed up. So, I would recommend going in the entrance closest to the gym. It might not really be that bad becasue it's not a rivalry game like it is when they play LC. Were all setting on the WB side becasue we can't stand Loudon. Good luck to you all this year. It sounds like you guys have quite a bit to be excited about.

Hey guys just wondering when the game starts on Friday? I have heard several people say 7 and a few say 7:30. Quite a few people that I have talked to will be coming down from Lenoir city to watch this game. And just FYI  I know that WB and Loudon haven't played so I will tell you that they charge you to park there so be prepared to bring a little extra for parking. I will also tell you that if you don't get there a little early the entrance closest to the street side can get quite backed up. So, I would recommend going in the entrance closest to the gym. It might not really be that bad becasue it's not a rivalry game like it is when they play LC. Were all setting on the WB side becasue we can't stand Loudon. Good luck to you all this year. It sounds like you guys have quite a bit to be excited about.

Game time is 7:30, according to our schedule....thanks for the well wishes, and good luck to your Panthers.

I expect Otis to make his presence felt in a big way, and hopefully, the physicalness he brings into the game will rub off on others.....I want to see WB hit people this year.

Me and you both. Physicality is something the wb football program has been missing since 2007. Take a look at the highlights from the sevier county game in 2011, 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BT1hSfrpxBU

This is what the wb defense has been like lately... The arm tackling bs needs to stop if they want to start winning big games. The Govs will have to throw the kitchen sink at everyone they play this year if they want to win. I hope Ridge is stressing this in practice.

how much for parking