Ridge to William Blount

Hopeful4WB

Offensively after we settled down, we moved the ball very well. All though Alcoa would argue that their starters were phased out during the 2nd series, I beg to differ. We were able to run and pass the ball effectively and Coach Ridge did good on play selections. I would like to mention the offensive line for opening up running holes. Good job guys. I know its not ez in the trenches. The running back with the dreads played pretty much the whole game. He has a few moves but Peyton O ("The Beast") stuffed him in his tracks a few times. Defensively we need to turn up the heat and get some QB pressure. Also early on the DBs let the receivers get behind them but seemed to adjust after a couple series. All n all this is a much improved squad, playing as a team and looking good. Don't get a swelled head, still have a lot of work to do. BTW congrads to Peyton Otis for winning the punting contest against the other schools with a 50yd punt.

• Upvote 1

Offensively after we settled down, we moved the ball very well. All though Alcoa would argue that their starters were phased out during the 2nd series, I beg to differ. We were able to run and pass the ball effectively and Coach Ridge did good on play selections. I would like to mention the offensive line for opening up running holes. Good job guys. I know its not ez in the trenches. The running back with the dreads played pretty much the whole game. He has a few moves but Peyton O ("The Beast") stuffed him in his tracks a few times. Defensively we need to turn up the heat and get some QB pressure. Also early on the DBs let the receivers get behind them but seemed to adjust after a couple series. All n all this is a much improved squad, playing as a team and looking good. Don't get a swelled head, still have a lot of work to do. BTW congrads to Peyton Otis for winning the punting contest against the other schools with a 50yd punt.

What a great quarter for both teams offenses.

The transfers are gonna help WB a lot. Otis will be a huge impact player, plays super hard and goes both ways, but if he is the beast then I guess Tyson is the Super beast...good news is WB only plays 1 RB on his level this season and that's Prevo... Love the spread look WB has with Tipton, Delany, Graham and Otis and fair in the backfield.. Wins will comedown to the other side of the ball if the defense makes big improvements, they WILL beat Bearden and Farragut.

Alcoa looks like it has similar problems as the D couldn't seem to stop WB, the MHS-AHS game may be played in the 60s..lol. Wall and love seem to always be on the same page, but Wall and JRM cant seem to hook up on the deep ball. Tyson looks to keep the bloodlines flowing at Alcoa, looks to be the best pure RB ive seen at Alcoa since Dustin Lindsey..

All in all both teams have a lot to look forward to this season..

What a great quarter for both teams offenses.

The transfers are gonna help WB a lot. Otis will be a huge impact player, plays super hard and goes both ways, but if he is the beast then I guess Tyson is the Super beast...good news is WB only plays 1 RB on his level this season and that's Prevo... Love the spread look WB has with Tipton, Delany, Graham and Otis and fair in the backfield.. Wins will comedown to the other side of the ball if the defense makes big improvements, they WILL beat Bearden and Farragut.

Alcoa looks like it has similar problems as the D couldn't seem to stop WB, the MHS-AHS game may be played in the 60s..lol. Wall and love seem to always be on the same page, but Wall and JRM cant seem to hook up on the deep ball. Tyson looks to keep the bloodlines flowing at Alcoa, looks to be the best pure RB ive seen at Alcoa since Dustin Lindsey..

All in all both teams have a lot to look forward to this season..

I agree with everything you said. The Govs have to get alot better on defense if they want to beat the tougher teams on the schedule. Ridge was interviewed after the jamboree and he said trying to improve Defensive play will be their big emphasis in practice this week. This is encouraging because the Govs have gotten better every week. Ridge evidently just knows how to get it out of them. If the Govs do get better on D they will be a very dangerous team.