Ridge to William Blount

Hopeful4WB

In all fairness, I was watching both of these games at the same time and the bulk of the slow pace was due to South-Doyle......Maryville and Campbell County had went one time each on offense before South-Doyle got through their first round, they were slow. I am not saying that WB was moving as fast as MHS and CC.....but they were moving at warp speed compared to South Doyle. I also will say that out of the four contests, the QB for WB looked really sharp in the first three, but didn't look nearly as comfortable in the last contest against SD.

I don't put a ton of stock into 7 on 7's.....I know there are tons of things in the 7 on 7 game that help kids such as timing, recognizing coverages, throwing against coverage, route running, and on and on.....and I admit the 7 on 7 is great for practicing these things, but at the end of the day, when the pads come on it is a whole different game. There may be one QB that looks outstanding in a 7 on 7 setting, and then be a marginal QB when the pads come on and he has people trying to take his head off.......and on the flip side, you may have a QB that just isn't very impressive in the 7 on 7 setting, but he operates better under game circumstances and knows how to make plays.

Jake.....I remember when we played 7 on 7 at the Best street arena. Getting your head taken off....or getting tackled in the azaleas or the old elm tree truck was something to be concerned about.

Jake.....I remember when we played 7 on 7 at the Best street arena. Getting your head taken off....or getting tackled in the azaleas or the old elm tree truck was something to be concerned about.

Ha ha....the good old days....On the way home on Saturday, my son ask me if we did 7 on 7 when I was in school. I said yes we did, every year when the season was over we would take two weeks before we started off season lifting and the coaches would give us a ball and we would go to the field to play....but we didn't call it 7 on 7, we called it two hand touch. Everyone was tired from the season, so the first day went over pretty well with everyone just using the two hand touch, the second day it went from two hand touch to two hand push, by the third day it was just all out tackle, and usually by the fourth day, there was a big fist fight and the coach would say, boys lets just go ahead and start lifting.

Peyton will probably play running back and safety although I really think he's a very good and intense linebacker but he went to a lot of camps during the summer, including Clemson, SC Gamecocks, Mizzou, and about a half dozen Nike camps. All of them said he wouldn't get recruited by a Div1 or 1AA college as a LB because of his size but was told because of strength and quickness he might go as a RB or Safety. Hence the move to WB, plus all his family lives in MV and this is his brothers last chance to coach him before he moves on to college. SC had the chance to pick up Jordan as an asst or strength coach but was told "no openings". Jordan is a very good strength and conditioning coach and when you watch WBs front line you will see it. When you see how fast the DBs react, you will see how good of a DB coach he is. I am excited to see WB climb out of the trenches this year and become a contender again. Go Govs!!!

Peyton will probably play running back and safety although I really think he's a very good and intense linebacker but he went to a lot of camps during the summer, including Clemson, SC Gamecocks, Mizzou, and about a half dozen Nike camps. All of them said he wouldn't get recruited by a Div1 or 1AA college as a LB because of his size but was told because of strength and quickness he might go as a RB or Safety. Hence the move to WB, plus all his family lives in MV and this is his brothers last chance to coach him before he moves on to college. SC had the chance to pick up Jordan as an asst or strength coach but was told "no openings". Jordan is a very good strength and conditioning coach and when you watch WBs front line you will see it. When you see how fast the DBs react, you will see how good of a DB coach he is. I am excited to see WB climb out of the trenches this year and become a contender again. Go Govs!!!

That's the spirit! You are getting me excited now.

have u had the chance to see the Dbs and the front line yet this year ive heard alot of good things about our team far as speed and all that goes

I have been extremely impressed with Coach Otis as a strength coach thus far, as well as his coaching. I like intensity and boy, he has a ton of it. I have had Senior players tell me that the workouts under Coach Otis were 10 times harder than anything they did the past 4 years, and they were not complaining, because they have seen the difference that it has made.

Peyton is a really good player, and I have heard the same thing about him moving to safety, but for WB's sake, I hope he plays LB and the colleges can recruit him as a safety. WB really needs a force in the middle like him. I thought after spring that LB was the weakest spot they had. I know Peyton was playing LB in the 7 on 7's Saturday.

have u had the chance to see the Dbs and the front line yet this year ive heard alot of good things about our team far as speed and all that goes

Overall team speed, IMO, is up over the last few years. Coach Otis has not only worked them in the weight room, but he has worked their butts off in the agility drills also. The only blazer I have seen is Delaney, but they have good overall team speed. Jones and Barton up front have really gotten quicker feet over the summer, they look good, and have several colleges interested.

The team also just picked up another transfer, all the way from Alaska. He is a big boy, and from what I was told, he was the starting Center on a state championship team last year in Alaska. He should be able to fit in somewhere and give some help.

Edited by jake

Overall team speed, IMO, is up over the last few years. Coach Otis has not only worked them in the weight room, but he has worked their butts off in the agility drills also. The only blazer I have seen is Delaney, but they have good overall team speed. Jones and Barton up front have really gotten quicker feet over the summer, they look good, and have several colleges interested.

The team also just picked up another transfer, all the way from Alaska. He is a big boy, and from what I was told, he was the starting Center on a state championship team last year in Alaska. He should be able to fit in somewhere and give some help.

how big of guy we talking? ive heard that devin fair and tyler kee our running backs so i was wondering if they were gonna let otis play that position instead or just play him on defense love hearing all this good news cant wait for the season