Bros back in the Intermat Top 50 at #49

smwwrest

Some only care about their area being on top. Some other folks live to provoke and prey on those that are somewhat sensitive. . So Don't Be!

Looks like several hundred have viewed this thread in a matter of a few short days. Unfortunately, region 8 + d2 fan support (especially on this forum) is not what exists in d1... especially regions 1, 7 and some of the more established.

Now, the ones on here who amaze me are not only those who travel with their regular season teams + off season, but post results of 1000's of individual and team matches, inspires many within the wrestling community with consistent rankings, and adds intellectual justification to their choices,,, while holding down a job and supporting their family. This time investment is unfathomable.

On a Side Note: Those that try to undermine others' sacrifices and other areas' programs are not worth response imo.

Any updates on this weekend

For CBHS? They won the Gateway to the Best Duals at Christian Brothers College High School in St. Louis, MO. Unfortunately, no huge tests there as a team but nearly every individual got good matches.

Dual scores were:

CBHS 38, Mater Dei, IN 15

CBHS 49, Mexico, MO 15

CBHS 53, CBC-St. Louis 24

CBHS 52, Merrilville, IN 18

CBHS 46, Belleville-West, IL 23

Belleville-West was the finals match as all others occurred in pool play.

CBHS did mix up their lineup throughout the day in order to give some guys matches.

Case in point. The only way I ever find out results like above is if Garrett posts them on CoachT...NWCAonline only has 2 of the above duals even listed being that against CBC-ST. Louis and Mexico.

Great Job CBHS! In my opinion they should be ranked around the #39-43 range on InterMat and I do think (as I have stated on other threads) that both Cleveland and Soddy Daisy deserve consideration for top-50 with Father Ryan right behind.

Case in point. The only way I ever find out results like above is if Garrett posts them on CoachT...NWCAonline only has 2 of the above duals even listed being that against CBC-ST. Louis and Mexico.

Great Job CBHS! In my opinion they should be ranked around the #39-43 range on InterMat and I do think (as I have stated on other threads) that both Cleveland and Soddy Daisy deserve consideration for top-50 with Father Ryan right behind.

I second what Knepper said... although i am very proud of the rise up the rankings by any school. You never hear of anything about region 8 until end of year. So therefore noone knows anything about them. Lets get more info coming and we all can get some "air time" to increase popularity with our sport

Ryan is another one who will sneak up on ya by season's end & since the 80's they seem to like that low profile.

Now some historical observations from the old man... Before Pat Simpson got settled in they seemed to love the intimidation factor with their hooded warmups and prematch dimmed light rituals. Baylor & McCallie seemed like the only consistent dual teams to look past that in the 60's & 70's and so the rivalies only grew to what they are today.

Boo Hoo??? Good 1. Who said anything about the need to validate their success? Is that what you got out of what I wrote?

I referenced the lack of respect from the rest of the state. For example, the post "Region 7" has 85 replies. "Possible region 1 finals matches" has 67 replies. The Father Ryan tournament has 24 replies. But, Bros crack the intermat top 50 got 1 reply.

Why do people ignore it, was and still is my question? Seems like a big deal. Like I said I'm new here, but how many other teams from TN have ever broken the national top 50?

Why do you believe it to be a lack of respect from the rest of the state? Is everyone that posts on Coacht supposed to congratulate CBHS on the ranking? The reason that the other threads have more responses is due to the fact that there is something to talk about and debate about. If someone had gotten on the board and said that CBHS doesnt deserved to be ranked in the top 50 this would be a more "popular" thread. Dont look into things to deeply when everything is right there on the surface. Congratulations to CBHS. Lewis is doing great work building a winning tradition in Memphis. With that being said I think its within reach to have a Tennessee team work its way into the top 20 in the coming years.

Edited by wristbar

Overton wore hooded warm-ups that looked similiar to what boxers wear when they enter the ring. I do not believe Father Ryan ever wore hooded warm-ups.

just a blurred senior moment & the dimmed lights only added to the ol soms fading memory of these two stronger-intimidating Nash area teams some 30-45 years ago, which many of u know former TSSAA director Ronnie Carter was a former Overton coach of. Thx for the clarification from another face in the crowd! :)