Anderson County-Scott County

bigdeal

AC QB Rob Wright is out?? Does that mean Jimmy Colson will see action tonight since Deal is still out?? I watched the AC-LC game last week and thought Wright looked good. When did he get injured and what happened?? I have talked to a couple of people associated with the program, but....I haven't heard that one.

[Edited by TheAnswer9 on 11-1-02 10:37A]

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Orangenblack,

There is no relation due to the variation in spelling. Through helping coach Jimmy at Norris and having his sister in class this year, that spelling is correct--Jimmy Colston.

As for Tony, through refing his games at the Clin Rec Center and getting to know him a little bit while he was at Tech--Qb down there whom I played some Intramural BBall with and against, I learned his last name is spelled Colson. His name is minus the T.

So...there is no relation at all!!

Guest TheForce

Rob Wright isn't injured, he has mono. The coaches and doctors only expect him to be out for two weeks at the most, possibly two. Colson will not be holding down the quarterback position, Sean Mounts will. This should prove to be an interesting test for the Mavericks... I look forward to seeing he oucome! Good luck to both teams!

:)

MONO--IC!! :rolleyes:

I've got about 2 hours to find me some warm clothes to wear for this one since I just have to drive about a total of one mile to reach the Highlanders football stadium.

As for a score, I feel as if I have nothing to gain and everything to lose by picking a score, so...can the teams tie???

Its great to run with the HERD and shoot with the HIGHLANDERS!! :)

Well the Mavs and Highlanders played half-court football Friday night. I'll have to applaud the officials for keeping confusion to a minimum during this confusing game. For those who don't know, Scott County had a problem with the lights on one side of the field. Instead of postponing the game to Saturday, the officials elected to use the lit side of the field. It worked by switching sides of the field when the offensive team reached the 50 yard line. This has to be a first. If anyone else has heard of something like this I would like to know.

I also don't see how Scott County won only one game this season. Their quarterback is probably the best that the Mavericks saw all season. Scott County was definetely better than Gibbs, Lenoir City and Loudon in region 2-3A. They put more points (regulation) and yards on AC's defense than any team this season.

Now the new season starts against Sullivan North this week. I'll post more on this matchup later in the week.