Best shooters in the State?

lookingFORtalent

Nobody seems to want to give the Cheatham County Cubs their due credit this year. It was the same way in the fall as well (for the most part). Saunders is a great player and has shown that by already eclipsing the 1,000 points scored mark as a junior. He'll stay under the radar and the Cubs will stay under the radar until ONE DAY someone has to notice them..........when they're one of avery select "few" teams remaining in the state.

I've seen CC play once this season and Saunders did impress me he did finish with 20+ if I remember correctly. Good shooter, shot selection was an area for improvement, but he has an unexpecting elusiveness, good ability to finish at the rim. I'm not sure he is one of the better shooters in the state but perhaps a few more games watching him would change my views. Thanks for your input.

I have seen about everyone mentioned on this thread play this year and I feel that Daniel Nori (Kenwood) has to be the best game time/clutch shooter around.

OK MRTSSAA, You say this guy is a Gametime/Clutch shooter? You gotta be kidding me? I went and looked at his schedule for the season. Figured they had 6-8 close games where he won it for them. You must have been at the one game that was decided by fewer than 11 points. Out of 18 wins they are winning by an average of about 22 points. I mean, How many Gametime/clutch shots could he have taken this year? One? They have litterally one game decided by less than 11 points, he couldnt have had that many Gametime/ clutch shots could he?

From Leaf Chronicle Feb 2 2013 "Kenwood sent it into the extra session when Daniel Norl drained a 3-pointer with 1.3 seconds left in regulation and tied it at 59-all".

I have seen Daniel Norl play and I'm with Mr. TSSAA on this one not only clutch but from what I've seen there are few better pure shooters at the high school level. Pretty much under the radar in TN but he dose have 10-20 D1 schools showing interest. FYI he went 6 for 9 from three point range that game

Edited by lookingFORtalent

I have seen Nori/kenwood in two play day games and in the regular season against cheatham county an dickson county... most games were close and Nori impressed me in all of them... he can hit the open shot, bbut he can also create....

Alsmiller/ CPA ooks really good as he is fortunate for everyone on the opposing team to help down on blackwell and lindsay... thus getting many open looks... i have seen him in two play day games and two reg season games against East and Ensworth... if they were in a three point comp with open looks i would take alsmiller...

Saunders/Ccchs is smaller version of Nori but can not shoot quite as good as nori or alsmiller... seen multiple games

Brentwood kid/brentood... seen them play once, but i failed to notice him... he may have been out... they have a great coach by the way...

Edited by MrTSSAA

Nope, didnt skip over it. Rowan went over !000 in his sopmore year. If you shoot enough, anyone can score 1000. He's probably a good shooter, just not in the same class as Rowan, thats all. Also, if you want to talk about your team, start a thread.

Rowan hit 7 3's in the first quarter last night to go 7/8 in that quarter, with only two being wide open shots. When talking about pure shooting ability, I agree with you. Rowan is definitely up toward the top.

Wacthed the Rowan kid play last night Feb 7 against my Scott County Highlanders. We knew we had to stop him. We pulled, grabbed, held and everything else we could to contest his shots and he made 8 3's in the fist half with people all over him. He is unbelievably accurate and I talked to him after the game he seems like a humble kid on and off the floor. He never got thuggish even though we were all over him. he handled everything with class. Ended with 9 3's we fouled him on two and he calmly knocked down 6 free throws. I don't know who the other kids are that are recommended but I have watched this kid for two years and he never disappoints.

• Upvote 1

Wacthed the Rowan kid play last night Feb 7 against my Scott County Highlanders. We knew we had to stop him. We pulled, grabbed, held and everything else we could to contest his shots and he made 8 3's in the fist half with people all over him. He is unbelievably accurate and I talked to him after the game he seems like a humble kid on and off the floor. He never got thuggish even though we were all over him. he handled everything with class. Ended with 9 3's we fouled him on two and he calmly knocked down 6 free throws. I don't know who the other kids are that are recommended but I have watched this kid for two years and he never disappoints.

Yea, Ive been around HS Bball for a long time( im old), and its been a while since ive seen someone stroke it like that. I tried looking his sats up and there harder to get than I had anticipated. Looks like he had around 40, as freshman, 85, as soph, 125, as a Jr. and then this years total. Probably 150? Thats almost 400 3's in a career. All the while playing second or third fiddle to his upper classman teammates, Under a great coach, that always put team goals first.

I'm not saying these other guys mentioned arent good shooters, But, no one compares in my eyes.I saw him have 12- 3's vs. Oak Ridge in a summer camp, so its not just the Scott county's he's doing this to.

Edited by CarolinaCrazy

Yea, Ive been around HS Bball for a long time( im old), and its been a while since ive seen someone stroke it like that. I tried looking his sats up and there harder to get than I had anticipated. Looks like he had around 40, as freshman, 85, as soph, 125, as a Jr. and then this years total. Probably 150? Thats almost 400 3's in a career. All the while playing second or third fiddle to his upper classman teammates, Under a great coach, that always put team goals first.

I'm not saying these other guys mentioned arent good shooters, But, no one compares in my eyes.I saw him have 12- 3's vs. Oak Ridge in a summer camp, so its not just the Scott county's he's doing this to.

Rowan put up another big game tonight hit another 7 or 8 3's (in 3 quarters), hit several long threes under pressure. Was knocked down on several trips with no calls. I have seen alot of good shooters over the years, but he can shoot from 15 to 30 feet on the move better than anyone I have seen. And he is a very nice, humble kid, who works as hard at improving his skills as anyone I have ever seen. He has added a few little things to his bag to use down the stretch in the tourney. It will be interesting.