Jackson Co over Clay Co? How did that happen?

bobcatfan300

Does anyone have any information on that game? That score was a surprise.

Clay got JC's best game as they always do. Clay is a solid team and still a favorite to win the district but JC proved they can play with the best in 7A and i fully expect them to win when Clarkrange comes to Gainesboro as well. Not sure when the last time Clay won at JC i know its been awhile. I remember when my oldest son's team from Clay Co. came into Gainesboro in 06' they were undefeated and ranked 4th in the state. They were outplayed from the start of the game and JC cruised to an easy win. Coach Flynn's home district record is very impressive. He has only lost 3 or 4 home district games in all the years he has coached there. So this was no surprise to any of us who know the game. :popcorneater:

• Upvote 1

Clay got JC's best game as they always do. Clay is a solid team and still a favorite to win the district but JC proved they can play with the best in 7A and i fully expect them to win when Clarkrange comes to Gainesboro as well. Not sure when the last time Clay won at JC i know its been awhile. I remember when my oldest son's team from Clay Co. came into Gainesboro in 06' they were undefeated and ranked 4th in the state. They were outplayed from the start of the game and JC cruised to an easy win. Coach Flynn's home district record is very impressive. He has only lost 3 or 4 home district games in all the years he has coached there. So this was no surprise to any of us who know the game. :popcorneater:

Clarkrange has beaten JCounty at their place the last two years, so how are you so positive that JCounty will win the game? Granted JCounty is a tough place to play but this is why we play the game. If Crange comes to play ball they'll beat JCounty just as the did at home. It will be a fun game to watch regardless. Nothing like district games.

Clarkrange has beaten JCounty at their place the last two years, so how are you so positive that JCounty will win the game? Granted JCounty is a tough place to play but this is why we play the game. If Crange comes to play ball they'll beat JCounty just as the did at home. It will be a fun game to watch regardless. Nothing like district games.

I'm not saying Clarkrange can't win the game because they can but i promise you it will be alot closer game either way when you come to Gainesboro and there is no way you get out of there with a sweep like you did at home i can promise you that.

I was shocked to see this. How does a 6 win team beat a 15 win team? I guess the posts above in this thread are correct. Also, in football everyone says "any given team can beat any given team on any given day". I have never thought that applied to basketball at any level: high school, college or pro. I see top notch, superstar football players play basketball and they are so winded by the middle of the first quarter because they aren't use to playing more than 8 seconds at a time.

Also, what has happened to our good friends from FCS? Season's not going to so well so nothing as been said!

Amazing how those fair weather fans have disappeared. They have no real fan base or rich tradition like the county schools have. So unless they are winning you wont see them on here because most of them have went back home whever that may be.

Clay won at Jackson in OT just last season. It hasn't been awhile since Clay won at Jackson.