Hey kenwoodrun and tonto....

mikemcgee

Guest kenwoodrun

Hometown...

Tullahoma's big three ran pretty darn well way back in the small division at TN Classic on the Steeplechase...Shelton was about 16:20, and the next 2 were around 16:40. And that was a while ago, without quite the quality around them to push them that they are going to receive this weekend. I'm sure these guys are completely comfortable w/ this course.

Tonto...

Yeah, your old coach deserves props for his job last year. I kinda hate that the winning coach automatically gets the award (though they often deserve it, there are cases like your coach last year that should have been recognized). Some people joked with me the other night that there should be separate coaches awards for AAA and AA (a reference to BA's dominance every year). The replacement for T-Farm is supposedly going to be some park in Smyrna (Sharp Springs? ring a bell?). I don't care what it is, it's not going to make me happy compared to the farm. And I did NOT want a pancake course for the region...I wanted a challenging, testing xc course with state bids on the line instead of some place where you could throw five 400m guys from the track team out there and nearly qualify. I haven't seen Macon's course yet, don't know anything about it...but we'll likely pick up their invitational next year so that we can get a look at it.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach, I definitely don't think it's the kind of stage for Regions, but I hope it works out for yall. I'm definitely with you that nothing can replace Tompkins farm...what a great place for a meet. It almost makes me sad for younger runners that they don't get to experience that tradition, but I guess that's life and new traditions are made and become classic like Tompkins has.

Mike, to answer your question, it's kind of a runner's opinion what kind of weather he likes. Some like hot and some like cold...but most prefer the weather not to be extreme either way. On Saturday as long as the sun comes out and it doesn't rain too much it should be a pretty quick race...but only if the ground has time to get firm from the rain that came through (what's the forecast as far as rain goes for nashville). If the ground is too mushy it could slow times up a bit...but the beauty of it all is that everyone has to endure the same conditions. At least the dust shouldnt be too bad Saturday (I hate when that place gets all dusty).

My goodness, what have I missed? I just got back from my trip and have been catching up. I certainly never meant to "ruffle" so many feathers. Did I say I thought BCHS would be in top 3? HAHAHA- I know I did- very early on- I sure did.............what can I say? School pride? and and excited mom- who is just glad her freshman son finally be a part of the High School team! :( (nothing is impossible) :D As far as Mcminn goes, well I was just impressed very early on, and thought I made a top 3 finish predicition for them as well- but as I stand corrected an have looked back at the "fall thread" (by the way I usually do my own research before I open my mouth-but was in a hurry to get on the road this time and didnt have time)I believe I said top 5- and I am sory I mis-understood, and THOUGHTKenwood had stated that it was hard to go from an 11th to a 3rd- I guess I dreamed that???? I knew that Tonto agreed pretty much all the time- sry tonto, and sry Kenwood if I "Mis-quoted" you! I guess it all doesn't matter now- Tommorrow is the big day that will tell all! Believe it or not- I missed you guys while I was gone- just sorry I had to come home to the "bashing" !I really was just kidding in the first place- HAHAHA! C- ya'll in Nashville! Good Luck and Be careful!

Hahaha, I was just giving you a hard time for that BOLD prediction early on...all in good humor. Big day tomorrow...Good luck Coach, have them on top of their game and y'all should fare well. And I gotta holler at all the senior guys at CHS running their last races...y'all know I wouldn't miss it...leave it all there. GOOD LUCK!

Macon County? That's an easy course...it's faster than Steeplechase. The only decent uphills are at the very beginning and near the end, but the rest is flat-downhill. My two best times (by a good margin) were run on that course. It will be almost a polar opposite to Tompkins Farm unless they alter the course a bit.