Sequoyah Chiefs and winter work-outs?

DrDave

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welli heard the guy that was doing the work outs.who is not a coach,quit because no one was paying and most wasn't showing up.As i said last year about this team the head coach is coaching jv basketball.Its a shame for the kids.Alot ask me whats it going to take to get over the hump.Well a coach who does his job is a great start.But if the parents are happy i guess its fine.Just hope he retires before my youngest gets there.Just because you won a state championship in 1987 or somewhere around there,doesn't mean your the greatest coach in the world.I also heard ,don't know if its true or not,but the off, cord.is not returning either.

Welli heard the guy that was doing the work outs.who is not a coach,quit because no one was paying and most wasn't showing up.As i said last year about this team the head coach is coaching jv basketball.Its a shame for the kids.Alot ask me whats it going to take to get over the hump.Well a coach who does his job is a great start.But if the parents are happy i guess its fine.Just hope he retires before my youngest gets there.Just because you won a state championship in 1987 or somewhere around there,doesn't mean your the greatest coach in the world.I also heard ,don't know if its true or not,but the off, cord.is not returning either.

The OC at Sequoyah did a pretty job. Got a lot of people involved with the offense. He will be missed if he leaves.

Why don't you step up an help them with workouts then, Mr. Graps-A-Lots.

Edited by cherokean

He has helped them before,, opened up the weight room every morning at 6:30 am or earlier. There is a difference in just complaining and actual facts. He cares about the kids and just wants them to have a coach that is investing time in there future. No excuse when your head football coach is investing more time with JV basketball. Any other schools in the region not working out?????? :popcorneater:

The OC at Sequoyah did a pretty job. Got a lot of people involved with the offense. He will be missed if he leaves.

Yes he did a great job. He recognized where the defenses were vulnerable and attacked them there. Was so much better than the year before.

Edited by DrDave

I used to do the weight room.I would start it in Dec. until football started in late JULY.I would open it up 3 days a week a 6"30 am,I did this for 3 years and never took a dime.And the kids did get stronger and did show up.I did it because i cared and wanted to give them the best chance at winning.Then some complaining from a few parents tore it all down 'because of playing time'.I'm not asking the coach to leave,but just do his job.I dare to say that i bet most teams are in the weight room,and have been for a bit.To be successful in football now is a year around job.It just don't start in the summer.If your going to coach,then do it whole heartly,if not step down.

• 2 weeks later...

Workouts are going and the kids are getting stronger, got close to 30 kids (not counting basketball, baseball or incoming freshmen). We did have a set back with a frozen (busted) water main for a couple of weeks, just could not open it up for sanitation reasons. Beleive me when I say they are working hard and conditioning. All coaches are involved in the weightlifting program. Spring practice is scheduled for May 6, with a clash with Gibbs on the 10, the following week isnt on paper yet, but trying to get a big team to play.

Workouts are going and the kids are getting stronger, got close to 30 kids (not counting basketball, baseball or incoming freshmen). We did have a set back with a frozen (busted) water main for a couple of weeks, just could not open it up for sanitation reasons. Beleive me when I say they are working hard and conditioning. All coaches are involved in the weightlifting program. Spring practice is scheduled for May 6, with a clash with Gibbs on the 10, the following week isnt on paper yet, but trying to get a big team to play.

:thumb: