Best Facility

POLKcoPRIDE

Yes he is annoying but bearden's announcer takes the cake imo. HE SCREAMS :PUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTT ITTTTTTTTTTTTT ONNNNNNNN THE BOOOOAARRDS TOUCHDOWWWNNNN BEARDEN!!!!!!!!

'91's gott a gooder point......mommaSTARS sed she wuz afeared tha Beer-Den feller wuz gonna code out on a Bulldawg furst down.... :rolleyes:

Bradley Central's is great, barring the announcer lol

Now I thought this was about facilities, stadiums and such. Not about announcers. Now I can point to quite a few announcers who are just as bad of homers. But then I always expect it to a certain extent because the guy is usually a fan of the home team. Usually I laugh and go on about my business. The Cannon's I hate the worst if I am not expecting it.

Now I thought this was about facilities, stadiums and such. Not about announcers. Now I can point to quite a few announcers who are just as bad of homers. But then I always expect it to a certain extent because the guy is usually a fan of the home team. Usually I laugh and go on about my business. The Cannon's I hate the worst if I am not expecting it.

I was just including the announcer in the overall experience. It's definitely one of the biggest stadiums in high school i have ever been to. The homer announcer just kinda ruined it for me. I guess i'm just old school and don't much go for that jibber jabber. It's really not the announcers job to be that way. Their job is to tell who has the ball, how many yards they got on the play, who made the tackle, etc. Not be the cheerleader, but that's just me.

I was just including the announcer in the overall experience. It's definitely one of the biggest stadiums in high school i have ever been to. The homer announcer just kinda ruined it for me. I guess i'm just old school and don't much go for that jibber jabber. It's really not the announcers job to be that way. Their job is to tell who has the ball, how many yards they got on the play, who made the tackle, etc. Not be the cheerleader, but that's just me.

Oh I can understand that. Problem is so few really do that any more. I can remember going to Cocke County and listening to the announcer do the Rooster Crow every time they had a good play. Course we started discussing ways to cook the bird for dinner. Even had the home folks laughing.

Oh I can understand that. Problem is so few really do that any more. I can remember going to Cocke County and listening to the announcer do the Rooster Crow every time they had a good play. Course we started discussing ways to cook the bird for dinner. Even had the home folks laughing.

Well, i can't think of many places that do that that we (Oak Ridge) play on a regular basis. Oak Ridge, Maryville, Farragut, and most schools we have played in the past few years have rather relaxed announcers. Of course you will get the occasional emphatic FIRST DOWN call, but other then that not much else. Bradley Central was a great environment overall, though. That is my only complaint was that guy lol

Well, if you want to talk about total environment I gotta throw South Pittsburg into the discussion. Great teams, and the town has that old time football Friday night feel with all the windows decorated as you drive down main street to the football field.

Never been to South Pitts, but i'm sure it's great with all their tradition. Two of my favorites and i know i am biased, but i just love our stadium and overall atmosphere in Oak Ridge. To be honest though it would be one of my favorites even if i wasn't an Oak Ridge fan. My other fave is Maryville, it gets really really loud in there because it's kinda in an enclosed area, which makes the fan noise that much greater.

^j/k, as far as stadiums go sevier county is probably my favorite.However the atmosphere is disappointing for a stadium that size.

Interesting tidbits about Sevier County's field. Bradley played DB here in the '76 playoff's (neutral site halfway between schools) and that place was rocking that night (24 - 21 final in favor the Bradley Bears). Then Bradley played there a couple of times while Coach Robertson was coach for Bradley (former star player for the Smokey Bears) and they gave him some nice recognition.