Best Facility

POLKcoPRIDE

It isn't the nicest, most state-of-the-art facility, but my favorite place to watch a game is Memphis Melrose at Orange Mound (when they're up). They take atmosphere to a whole other level. And that's saying something coming from a guy who sits at Patriot Stadium in Henry County at least 5 times a year.

I haven't been out east enough to see some of the ones mentioned in this thread, but I've always heard Dobyns-Bennett is top notch. Mount Juliet has one of the nicest set ups I've seen.

yea.. haha for me its mainly an aesthetic thing... it just doesnt look right.. we have sufficient seating already .. but i wish they would build some visitors stands on that hill on the otherside, if they did that we would prolly have one of the bigger stadiums in the state.

Yall probably would, yes. I remember when Farraguts used to be one sided. I used to hate going to them games and having to sit with them blue bellied Admirals fans hahah

Man, i know you love your boys, but yes i hate one sided stadiums. If your losing you have to sit there and listen to the opposing teams fans act like dips**** the whole game lol

I would agree...not a good setting to watch a game. Facility is nice but it has the two negatives...track around the field and seats on one side. JMO

Is there any upgrades in the near future at Beech? Beech has had some great teams of late but is in need of some upgrading. Not only Beech but several Sumner County schools could. I heard down the road a little bit SC was going to build a field house but was eventually turned down. I know football is big in Sumner County and brings in some money and would think the County in turn would do a little more with some upgrading for each school.

I agree. Mt. Juliet's facilities are top-notch.

I agree. Mt. Juliet's facilities are top-notch.

It isn't the nicest, most state-of-the-art facility, but my favorite place to watch a game is Memphis Melrose at Orange Mound (when they're up). They take atmosphere to a whole other level. And that's saying something coming from a guy who sits at Patriot Stadium in Henry County at least 5 times a year.

I haven't been out east enough to see some of the ones mentioned in this thread, but I've always heard Dobyns-Bennett is top notch. Mount Juliet has one of the nicest set ups I've seen.

The last time I saw Melrose play in Memphis it was against Hamilton at Crump which is not a nice stadium any more. Maybe back in its heyday.

Didn't Melrose put turf down?

Edited by plumb69

The last time I saw Melrose play in Memphis it was against Hamilton at Crump which is not a nice stadium any more. Maybe back in its heyday.

Didn't Melrose put turf down?

Orange Mound's stadium was grass the last time we played there, which was either in '07 or '08. I believe they opened their new stadium in 2010, but I'm not sure if it's turf.

We played against Hamilton at Crump in the playoffs last season and I didn't think it was bad at all. They reconstructed it circa 2006 and I believe made even more upgrades in recent years.

• 5 months later...

I don't know how I missed this, but all five (yes there are five) Sevier County High schools are getting turf.

They won't all be done till 2014. I think G-P is already under construction.

http://www.local8now.com/sports/prepxtra/home/headlines/Sevier-County-high-schools-going-to-turf-fields-213081361.html

The schools are:

Sevier County

Seymour

Pigeon Forge

Gatlinburg-Pittman

Northview Academy (New)