TSSAA D-2 Rankings Updated

coachknepper

Ghouse please tell me how you can put 2 Baylor kids so high up when they haven't wrestled at all especially Clements bumping all the way up... Regardless of what they've done in the past. The other wrestlers have wrestled all year and get bumped because they wrestled one dual match.. Just a little curious

Pretty simple with each one even though I am not sure exactly which two you mean:

Clements - just took my #1 ranked wrestler into OT despite the time away from the mat. Clearly shows some of the talent still there. Not to mention that he is the only other returning medalist.

Holloway - just defeated previous number 4 (and now 5) Davis 4-1 whereas Wittman defeated in a one point match. Then you can factor in that he was a state champ 2 years ago so he gets the tiebreaking nod there.

Sutherland - had good early season results and higher returning medalist than anyone else at the weight.

For the most part I use the current TSSAA state seeding criteria as my guideline for the rankings with a little of my own opinion mixed in.

The best part about all of it is that most of those kids will have the opportunity to validate or invalidate those rankings this weekend and that will just help paint a more clear picture for the next set.

Hope that helps.

Pretty simple with each one even though I am not sure exactly which two you mean:

Clements - just took my #1 ranked wrestler into OT despite the time away from the mat. Clearly shows some of the talent still there. Not to mention that he is the only other returning medalist.

Only wrestling can justify rankings on a loss and what someone did last year. IMHO you should have to earn it each year. That is real life, fair or unfair based on circumstances.

While in a perfect world, endless combinations of head to head results would be ideal to determine rankings. Unfortunately, that is not practical and criteria is the next best thing. I have watched GHouse rankings closely over the years and he is consistently fair and his justifications are rationale.

While in a perfect world, endless combinations of head to head results would be ideal to determine rankings. Unfortunately, that is not practical and criteria is the next best thing. I have watched GHouse rankings closely over the years and he is consistently fair and his justifications are rationale.

Yes, not perfect,,, but getting better after 20 years thanks to Ben Smith's looking for the best competition closer to home, and Papabear going anywhere 200-300 mile+ to find it. Thanks to Cleveland for hosting that phenomenal Duals event in December to give us an early snap shot to compare by. Today's is nice for those peaking, but unfortunately we can only speculate outcomes of those d1, d2 and small school matchups... Much less 106, 113, 126, 132, 138...

Agreed not perfect, but there should be a minimun amount of matches wrestled at a specific weight class during the season to qualify for state and be ranked at that specific weight. It needs to be more that one match too.