Riverdale 2013

TDCman

I know expectations are extremely low at Riverdale for the foreseeable future but how do you think the Warriors will fare against this schedule. I think they can get to 6-4 and make the playoffs which was better than I was hoping for before the schedule was released.

Fri Aug. 23 7:00 PM Oakland D

Fri Aug. 30 7:30 PM at Bradley Central

Fri Sep. 6 7:00 PM at Blackman D

Fri Sep. 13 7:00 PM East Hamilton

Fri Sep. 20 7:00 PM at LaVergne D

Fri Sep. 27 7:00 PM at Hendersonville

Fri Oct. 4 7:00 PM at Stewarts Creek D

Fri Oct. 18 7:00 PM Cane Ridge

Fri Oct. 25 7:00 PM Siegel D

Fri Nov. 1 7:00 PM Smyrna D

A rules question. Is it permissible for the booster club to pay for players to attend camps? Something needs to happen to improve the development of the players coming into the program. Can the boosters do that?

Anybody know when spring practice will be held?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know expectations are extremely low at Riverdale for the foreseeable future but how do you think the Warriors will fare against this schedule. I think they can get to 6-4 and make the playoffs which was better than I was hoping for before the schedule was released.

A rules question. Is it permissible for the booster club to pay for players to attend camps? Something needs to happen to improve the development of the players coming into the program. Can the boosters do that?

If the club pays for 1 thay need to pay for all. 7 on 7 camps, ect.

With that 'Powder Puff' schedule, they better get at least 6 wins. If not then the Coach might want to think of a career change. <_<

When did we start playing DOWN so much? :angry:

that is not an easy schedule. not to mention that no one is willing to play us within a 150 mile radius. thanks to hendersonville who is not scared to play every year. 6 of those teams were in the playoffs last year. this will be a tuff year. we will be replacing a 3 year starter at QB. the freshman team had alot of talent and the incoming freshman have alot of talent. we will probably be down a little this year, but will compete in every game.

Edited by daisyssister

that is not an easy schedule. not to mention that no one is willing to play us within a 150 mile radius. thanks to hendersonville who is not scared to play every year. 6 of those teams were in the playoffs last year. this will be a tuff year. we will be replacing a 3 year starter at QB. the freshman team had alot of talent and the incoming freshman have alot of talent. we will probably be down a little this year, but will compete in every game.

It IS a 'CUPCAKE' schedule. Folks WERE afraid to play us when Coach A got here. Not ANYMORE!!!!!!!

As to not having the backups ready to step in and play, that is purely the Head Coaches FAULT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It IS a 'CUPCAKE' schedule. Folks WERE afraid to play us when Coach A got here. Not ANYMORE!!!!!!!

As to not having the backups ready to step in and play, that is purely the Head Coaches FAULT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The reality of the situation is that for teams in this region to fill out their schedule, they have to get who they can get. Bradley, East Hamilton, Hendersonville, and Cane Ridge are the ones they had to get. Having to dip into the Chatt area twice (as Blackman had to do the last 2 years) speaks to this. NOBODY is lining up at the door to play this county. It's not like it used to be where you looked for tough non-district matchups to prepare you for the playoffs.

I would be willing to bet that most any other team in the county would beg to have a "cupcake" schedule. Although East Hamilton is most definately not a cupcake.

Edited by blazeburnin

Lost Old Dad,

What do you have against Aydelott ?

Well lets just see:

1. Has destroyed a once great program.

2. Has let teams like Wilson Central, Oak Ridge, Blackman and Siegel beats us. That NEVER happened before he got here.

3. Only used a passing game when boosters got on his back. His plain jane WingT offense is a loser.

4. Has almost totally ignored the Freshmen and weight program.

5. Has NOT prepared backups to be ready for future years or even the playoffs.

6. Speaking of playoffs, it was under him that we did not even make the playoffs for the first time in 19 years!

7. CHOKES if he does make into the PLAYOFFS every time so far.

8. Has created an atmosphere where we do NOT have at least 90+ players on Varsity anymore.

9. I remember a time where we at least made into the Gold Ball game every year. Has NOT happened under him.

10. ...................................................................................................

I could go on and on but I am tired of typing.

His record at Riverdale is 69-20. That's not that bad. I could be wrong be Rankin had open zones where Aydelott does not. Comparing the two situations is like comparing opposites. Football in Murfressboro has improved dramatically. All those teams that beat them were good. Rankin never had to climb the Maryville hurdle; they were always a divison lower. Not too many teams have beaten them. Destroyed is not accurate.