Christian Brothers Wins D-II Crown; Back-to-Back

bbb

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The whole shaking hands thing is over done in my opinion anyway.

You shake hands with your opponent at the beginning of your match. You shake hands when it's done, and you go to the coach and shake his hand. Then you line up and shake hands with the team and coaches at the end. Basically, you will shake your opponents hand at least three times and the coaches hands twice in one dual. That's a lot of hand shaking.

Honestly, I don't have a problem with Baker not shaking hands. You side step him, and he side stepped you. Oliver being in the final match, why would you want him to go shake the coaches hand, then get in line with his team to shake the coach's hand again?

Ironically, Oliver normally will offer a hand shake to the referee at the beginning of a match, and I believe it was the Baylor Semi's, the referee declined and would not shake his hand.

Just my opinion...I can do without all of the shaking.

At the end of the day both teams handled themselves with class and should be congratulated on a successful State Dual performance.

Other states wait until after the dual to shake hands with the other team, wrestler doesn't shake coaches hand after each individual match. Wrestlers always shake each other hands before and after their match though. FS/Greco they have to shake referees hands too! Lots of hand shaking.

Y my son declined to wrestle FS/Greco......too much handshaking.

That is all and good but both wrestlers walked over and put there hand out then walked away before the other coach could greet them. Now what would that be called ? If you are worried about germs why even walk over in the first place.

If you're talking about Baker and Oliver of CBHS, that is completely untrue.

Even if it was, which it's not...where the heck were the coaches that they couldn't get there to shake a hand? If they made an effort, and the coach was unable to make the appointment for the official "shake"' well that would then be on the coach, therefore clearing the wrestlers of any wrong doing.

SERIOUSLY???

I have to agree with rasslinlite here... It did appear at the two wrestlers mentioned did not extend their hand as the other 12 did... This is simple case of lack of consistency and the cb coaches should communicate the expectations for the team as a whole.... If the coaches feel the wrestlers should not shake the hands of the opposing coaches at the conclusion of the individual match that is fine, however, why do some shake and others do not?... Teams should follow the same protocol. This would eliminate the perception that some are less sportsmanlike than others... Just my opinion....

I have to agree with rasslinlite here... It did appear at the two wrestlers mentioned did not extend their hand as the other 12 did... This is simple case of lack of consistency and the cb coaches should communicate the expectations for the team as a whole.... If the coaches feel the wrestlers should not shake the hands of the opposing coaches at the conclusion of the individual match that is fine, however, why do some shake and others do not?... Teams should follow the same protocol. This would eliminate the perception that some are less sportsmanlike than others... Just my opinion....

How can you agree with rassinlite, you have two different stories of what actually happened? In Oliver's situation, his team just won a dual state championship. Give him a break, if he had stayed on the mat and done a back flip instead of shaking hands it would have been understandable (though likely would have cost a team point considering the third place match).

Both wrestlers went to shake hands with the Father Ryan staff and turned away when they got to the coaches. The Father Ryan coaches stuck their hand out to shake the CBHS wrestlers hand only to be dissed. Both wrestlers turned away at the last second. It was there for all to see. Those are the facts and nothing but the facts.

Seriously!

Edited by facenthecrowd

If you're talking about Baker and Oliver of CBHS, that is completely untrue.

Even if it was, which it's not...where the heck were the coaches that they couldn't get there to shake a hand? If they made an effort, and the coach was unable to make the appointment for the official "shake"' well that would then be on the coach, therefore clearing the wrestlers of any wrong doing.

SERIOUSLY???

Even if it was, which its not. That like being a little pregnant. They did what I said they did. Both approached the coach hand out then turned and ran off down the cow pallace.

I suppose they were too pre-occupied with the notion of "getting paid" to abide by any standard of proper etiquette. These trivial individuals displayed a great deal of disrespect for both a legend, coach Simpson and the program in general. You think people of such means wouldnt act like a bunch of commoners from Frayser, I am more than confident Ryan's kids wouldnt.