Tri-County Seven- Week #10

coachh17

We are winding down the regular season. District tournaments will be here soon and should be very exciting. I made no changes in the rankings this week.

1. Unicoi County- (AA) (14-7)- Beat Unaka and the Hampton game was postponed due to snow. The Lady Devils host Chuckey-Doak on Monday and Johnson County on Friday. They visit Hampton Wednesday and finish up at Cloudland next Monday. If they win all 4, they will finish the regular season at #1. I think they have a shot to reach the sub-state and maybe the state.

2. Elizabethton- (AA) (18-4)- Beat county rivals Hampton and Happy Valley last week in close games. The freshman Marosite twins are special players. Finish the season with home games against South Greene Monday and Morristown East on Tuesday. I think they have a chance to reach the sub-state and maybe the state.

3. Cloudland- (A) (14-10)- Pounded University High and lost a tough one to North Greene in overtime. The Lady Landers are at Unaka Tuesday and host Hampton in a big game Friday. I think they have a chance to reach the state tournament.

4. Hampton- (A) (20-6)- Lost a tough one to Elizabethton and beat Unaka. The Lady Dogs have a huge week this week. They host North Greene Tuesday, Unicoi County Wednesday, and visit Cloudland Friday. I think they have a chance to reach the state tournament.

5. Happy Valley- (AA) (10-11)- The Lady Warriors keep losing close games to good teams. They are so close. They should beat UH on Monday and have chances at Daniel Boone Wednesday and Sullivan East Friday to pick up some much needed wins. They should make the Region and are capable of pulling off a big upset.

6. Unaka- (A) (10-14)- Lost competitive games to Unicoi County and Hampton. The Lady Rangers host Cloudland Tuesday, U-H on Friday, and Johnson County Saturday. They will make the Region, but may fall in the first round to Cosby.

7. Johnson County- (AA) (4-19)- Lost to Unicoi County by 2 and Sullivan East by 15. The Lady Longhorns finish at Unicoi County on Friday and Unaka Saturday. They will have to upset someone to advance to the Region tournament, but they are capable.

We are winding down the regular season. District tournaments will be here soon and should be very exciting. I made no changes in the rankings this week.

1. Unicoi County- (AA) (14-7)- Beat Unaka and the Hampton game was postponed due to snow. The Lady Devils host Chuckey-Doak on Monday and Johnson County on Friday. They visit Hampton Wednesday and finish up at Cloudland next Monday. If they win all 4, they will finish the regular season at #1. I think they have a shot to reach the sub-state and maybe the state.

2. Elizabethton- (AA) (18-4)- Beat county rivals Hampton and Happy Valley last week in close games. The freshman Marosite twins are special players. Finish the season with home games against South Greene Monday and Morristown East on Tuesday. I think they have a chance to reach the sub-state and maybe the state.

3. Cloudland- (A) (14-10)- Pounded University High and lost a tough one to North Greene in overtime. The Lady Landers are at Unaka Tuesday and host Hampton in a big game Friday. I think they have a chance to reach the state tournament.

4. Hampton- (A) (20-6)- Lost a tough one to Elizabethton and beat Unaka. The Lady Dogs have a huge week this week. They host North Greene Tuesday, Unicoi County Wednesday, and visit Cloudland Friday. I think they have a chance to reach the state tournament.

5. Happy Valley- (AA) (10-11)- The Lady Warriors keep losing close games to good teams. They are so close. They should beat UH on Monday and have chances at Daniel Boone Wednesday and Sullivan East Friday to pick up some much needed wins. They should make the Region and are capable of pulling off a big upset.

6. Unaka- (A) (10-14)- Lost competitive games to Unicoi County and Hampton. The Lady Rangers host Cloudland Tuesday, U-H on Friday, and Johnson County Saturday. They will make the Region, but may fall in the first round to Cosby.

7. Johnson County- (AA) (4-19)- Lost to Unicoi County by 2 and Sullivan East by 15. The Lady Longhorns finish at Unicoi County on Friday and Unaka Saturday. They will have to upset someone to advance to the Region tournament, but they are capable.

Pretty good assessment coach. The Lady Landers are gonna have to pick up the pace. Unaka is blazing fast and are very good on their home floor. I think it will come down to the 4th quarter. I look for unaka to do what everybody else does to the Landers. Triple down on the post and make the guards beat you. The guards will have to play really well.

There is alot riding on the line tonight for most of these teams in the Tri-County. I am sure Elizabethtons girls are hoping coach Whittemores Lady Longhorns can roll into Erwin and pull off a huge upset which would give the Lady Cyclones the #1 seed going into the district tournaments.Sonny Smith gymnasium should be rockin tonight as the Lady Bulldogs face off against the Lady Highlanders in round 2.This time it is for the conference championship.both teams are playing really well right now which should be a great atmosphere and ballgame for both teams. The Happy Valley lady Warriors travel to Sullivan East which with a win would make them the #3 seed going into the conference tournament and force Sullivan East to play in the play in game against Johnson County. Good luck to all teams in the Tri-County tonight,Should be a great night of basketball.

I'll be the first to congratulate the Lady Landers on their win, but I was greatly disappointed in the Lady Bulldogs, well some of them anyway. Was definitely not the same team that had wiped the floor with NG on Tuesday. I see that I was not alone in my assessment as the Lady Bulldogs had a different starting lineup tonight, with 4 new starters and they played the entire 1st period . its good to see some coaches will still do what is right and best for the team, as witnessed by the Lady Dogs 51-49 win. Great bounceback win for Hampton after last nights performance, and kudos to CLT for having the guts to send a message to his team. Look forward to the tournaments in both A and AA.

just being nosey what happened