11-AA Thread

31ballfan

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harpeth definitely has gotten hot at the right time. I think MC and Camden run ruled them during the regular season both games. Not sure on that. It's baseball as somebody said and if you can string together a good inning and get a few bounces, good things can happen. I'm glad for the kids that have stuck it out at Harpeth. No 4 year group has had the same coach all 4 years since seniors of 2006 I believe. That's a sad statement and the kids have deserved better over the years. I'm glad to see them have a little success in post season. Stay hot Harpeth!

I think I read 4:00 P.M. on Facebook, maybe 4:30? Too early to get much of an away crowd unless some students are bussed in or there's an early bird special for the senior citizens and they can get home before dark.

I have enjoyed using my PTO days at the beach the last couple of years. Miss the sports but not leaving work at 2:00 to get to a game.

Edited by ksgovols

Harpeth fell off the lightning bolt, but their ride got them into regions.

Montgomery Central hosts Marshall County

Harpeth travels to Spring Hill

12AA finished Wednesday night and their arms will have more rest. MC having to go 5 games and Harpeth winding up going 4 not the best scenario, but everybody's going to get at least 3 days rest. Elimination game Monday and then the seed game on Wednesday and the you get some arm rest before Sectionals. Good luck to everyone.

So long 11AA! Hope Harpeth keeps Creek Wood and Montgomery Central on the schedule. I don't see Camden or Stewart Co trips in their future. Having Sycamore back as a district foe is setting things back to right, but all in all, not a very strong baseball district that we're going to.

TSSAA screwed the pooch in the new 11-AA. Not a lot of room for out of district games with a 9 team district. Had to deal with all the whiny babies in the South because they don't want to play CPA and why in the world is Lewis County in that district! They wanted in but now all they want to do is gripe about travel. Well guess what stay where you belong and it would've been okay.

Rumor has it 11-AA will be split in baseball, which is a terrible thing in my opinion. No good way to split it up evenly though, but the TSSAA knows best right?! Harpeth-CW was always a good rivalry so maybe it can stick around.

Edited by takeahack

Lewis County has representation on the board in the form of Brian True, their principal. Parents may gripe, but LC wanted in 11AA to get away from Giles, Marshall and now CPA down South. Harpeth is closer to Lewis County than any old 11AA member unless you count when Fairview was in and it's a 2 hour drive no matter how you slice it from Kingston Springs. Stewart County to Lewis County will take a hotel room. Look at the new districts. 7 teams in 9AA, 8 in 10AA, 9 in 11AA and 6 in 12AA? ok. Anybody can see a team from 11AA moving over to 12AA and that team should be Lewis County. Need to think about this stuff when electing board members to represent your school.

Harpeth/Creek Wood will always be around imo in at least baseball and basketball. Too much history there. Heck, Creek Wood is almost closer to my house than Harpeth. William James is definitely closer. Close to Fairview too, but without the history.

Need Loretto, Richland and some of the other southern middle TN schools to bump back up to AA and alot of problems will be solved.

Edited by ksgovols