Tri-County Seven- Week #12

coachh17

Great games at Science Hill tonight. The Lady Bulldogs bounce back from their poor performance on Saturday with one of their best efforts of the year, without Dorothy Dugger even, in beating Unaka 61-37. That means that Hampton will travel to Hancock Co and Unaka will go to Cosby on Friday. In the Championship game all I can say is WOW! North Greene beats Cloudland 60-53 in overtime. Great basketball game. This means that NG hosts Clinch and Cloudland hosts Washburn, both on Friday. Possible semifinal matchups are Cosby/Cloudland and North Greene/Hampton. Going to be some great action in the near future. Both NG and Cloudland will have NO trouble in their first round Region games but Hampton/Hancock could be a toss up and who knows what Unaka team will show up. The one that outplayed Cloudland or the one that got blown out by Hampton. Great job ladies and coaches.

Six of our seven are still alive! Let the Regions begin and good luck to all!

Six of our seven are still alive! Let the Regions begin and good luck to all!

Coach what did you think about Reason Not getting and award in the district tournament because she was pretty upset and Dugger wasn't happy either because they stayed in locker room for along time but I talked to her last night and she was fine. Edited by lawnman

Coach what did you think about Reason Not getting and award in the district tournament because she was pretty upset and Dugger wasn't happy either because they stayed in locker room for along time but I talked to her last night and she was fine.

I'm not coachh, but I thought Reazyn got jipped. I won't say any of the 10 named were not deserving and there were likely others that should have received consideration. However, my theory is that "to the victor goes the spoils." Hence, in most cases the winning team should get the most all-tournament selections. I put the caveat "in most cases" because normally there is balance on the winning team. In this case, I thought Etown should have gotten 4 selections. My opinion would likely be the same if HV would have won. I'm sure that won't be popular with everyone but that is my feeling on the subject for what it is worth.

Coach what did you think about Reason Not getting and award in the district tournament because she was pretty upset and Dugger wasn't happy either because they stayed in locker room for along time but I talked to her last night and she was fine.

I left before the awards were presented. When I was coaching I was much more concerned about winning district, region, and sub-state titles as a team than any individual awards, but I know players work hard and recognition is nice. Those things usually took care of themselves and were done fairly, but every now and then bad decisions were made or deserving players were omitted. I agree with Sparky that Elizabethton should have gotten an MVP and three other slots. That would have given Reazyn the all tournament slot she deserved by her play in the tournament. My advice would be to keep playing hard and get the Region team title and maybe a Region MVP. She is good enough to do it.

I'm not coachh, but I thought Reazyn got jipped. I won't say any of the 10 named were not deserving and there were likely others that should have received consideration. However, my theory is that "to the victor goes the spoils." Hence, in most cases the winning team should get the most all-tournament selections. I put the caveat "in most cases" because normally there is balance on the winning team. In this case, I thought Etown should have gotten 4 selections. My opinion would likely be the same if HV would have won. I'm sure that won't be popular with everyone but that is my feeling on the subject for what it is worth.

I agree with you and I'm not trying to start trouble because this team has been through a lot in the last two years and they seem to be good kids and there fun to watch.

I left before the awards were presented. When I was coaching I was much more concerned about winning district, region, and sub-state titles as a team than any individual awards, but I know players work hard and recognition is nice. Those things usually took care of themselves and were done fairly, but every now and then bad decisions were made or deserving players were omitted. I agree with Sparky that Elizabethton should have gotten an MVP and three other slots. That would have given Reazyn the all tournament slot she deserved by her play in the tournament. My advice would be to keep playing hard and get the Region team title and maybe a Region MVP. She is good enough to do it.

Agreed and they play all year just to get to this point and there not through yet.

I know karma can come back to bite people who love to cyberbully. The good book even says we will give an account for every word we say, but if you wish to carry on with your stupidity

Man don't waste your time with this guy it's hard to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.good luck lady Landers