District 14AA tournament @ Chester Co.

GCPioneer

I am pulling for Westview as well. My little neice goes to Union camp and Amber Reechus has been real good to her and I like watching Vincent, younger Reechus, and the Layhews play. I met several Westview folks when we were at Murfreesboro during our run. Lot of good people at Westview. I think they are fundamentally sound and if they can hold their turnovers to a minimum I think they can win it all. They play good defense and they will be opposite of Covington or ? in the Boro. I don't think there is a tougher district out there than 13 AA to get your team ready for the Boro. I know Grainger and McMinn Central are good, but 13 AA is to basketball as the SEC is in football. It is a very tough leaugue.

You need to get out of west tn and come over to the upper cumberland area. District 8AA is the toughest AA district in the state and then you throw in Class A power house teams in Jackson County and Clarkrange and its not even close! More gold balls in this 50 mile radius than all the west tn teams combined!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to keep the stir the pot some more devil, you remember that 7aa/13aa challenge at Westview a few years ago? Yea that was years ago, but at least we owned your district that one year lol. The other years, who knows.... I know that one year doesn't mean squat, lol, but I figured Id take my jab with that comeback lol... Don't take it serious....

Just to keep the stir the pot some more devil, you remember that 7aa/13aa challenge at Westview a few years ago? Yea that was years ago, but at least we owned your district that one year lol. The other years, who knows.... I know that one year doesn't mean squat, lol, but I figured Id take my jab with that comeback lol... Don't take it serious....

That was a day of good basketball.

I do remember that and wish we did it every year. Would be some great games for us fans to watch! Personally I think McMinn Central has the best over all team this year but 8AA is very good top to bottom and when you add Macon County next year It will be hard to find a tougher district. Pioneer 42 is still a newbie but maybe you can educate them on where all the gold is :)

Devilfinatic, first of all I ain't no newbie, and second of all, District 7 AA I will bet your number 1 can't beat 13 AA's 4. Maybe you need to ask McMinn Central about District 13 AA since they are 0-2 in head to head matchups in the last 3 years. District 13 AA has been in the finals 4 out of the last 5 years. Sounds to me like you are the newbie. Obviously, you have not been to Murfreesboro in a while and watched the state tournament. If you go this year, you will see District 13 AA again in the finals.

Devilfinatic, first of all I ain't no newbie, and second of all, District 7 AA I will bet your number 1 can't beat 13 AA's 4. Maybe you need to ask McMinn Central about District 13 AA since they are 0-2 in head to head matchups in the last 3 years. District 13 AA has been in the finals 4 out of the last 5 years. Sounds to me like you are the newbie. Obviously, you have not been to Murfreesboro in a while and watched the state tournament. If you go this year, you will see District 13 AA again in the finals.

Nah i haven't been much. In the past 5 years we've only won 2 GOLD BALLS AND ONE SILVER BALL. I'm sure your team has a much better record than that. How many gold balls have you won in the past lets say 10+ years? We've only won 6 gold balls and 3 silver balls in that time period dating back to 2000. So tell me how many has your team won during that same time period? Did i mention 4 of them were IN A ROW? 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003? Look it up JACKSON COUNTY you'll find out that while we have moved down to Class A now there isn't a team in your district that would wan to play us this year or in the years past. Because EVERY TIME a team from 13AA has faced JACKSON COUNTY in the state tournament they have LOST! Any further questions? :popcorneater:

Just the facts handy for the last 15 years that are on TSSAA.

8AA Teams: 5 AA State Titles, 4 AA State Runner-ups, 6 Semi-Final appearances (Final 4) separate from the Titles and Runner-ups and 12 Total State Tourney Appearances

13AA Teams: 2 AA State Titles, 2 AA Runner-ups, 3 Semi-Final appearances (Final 4) separate from the Titles and Runner-ups and 11 Total State Tourney Appearances

Of course that is just the last 15 years.

Facts are facts.

Just the facts handy for the last 15 years that are on TSSAA.

8AA Teams: 5 AA State Titles, 4 AA State Runner-ups, 6 Semi-Final appearances (Final 4) separate from the Titles and Runner-ups and 12 Total State Tourney Appearances

13AA Teams: 2 AA State Titles, 2 AA Runner-ups, 3 Semi-Final appearances (Final 4) separate from the Titles and Runner-ups and 11 Total State Tourney Appearances

Of course that is just the last 15 years.

Facts are facts.

Can't argue with facts.....Oh i did take the liberty to look up the state tournament results dating back to the 90's and every time a team out of 13AA faced a team out of 8AA they lost. just sayin....When GC won their gold ball Jackson County also won Gold in Class A and that would have been a monumental match up if JC was still in AA. In the end Brown would have out coached them and JC would have won it so be glad TSSAA moved us to Class A otherwise you wouldn't have the 1 gold ball that you do! :rolleyes:

Nah i haven't been much. In the past 5 years we've only won 2 GOLD BALLS AND ONE SILVER BALL. I'm sure your team has a much better record than that. How many gold balls have you won in the past lets say 10+ years? We've only won 6 gold balls and 3 silver balls in that time period dating back to 2000. So tell me how many has your team won during that same time period? Did i mention 4 of them were IN A ROW? 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003? Look it up JACKSON COUNTY you'll find out that while we have moved down to Class A now there isn't a team in your district that would wan to play us this year or in the years past. Because EVERY TIME a team from 13AA has faced JACKSON COUNTY in the state tournament they have LOST! Any further questions? :popcorneater:

Owned.....ha!

Edited by bob77

Well, Gibson Co. will drop down to Single A next year so maybe we'll get to play Jackson Co. in the glass house. We graduate only 1 player off of this years 20 win season. We have a stud of a Freshman that actually lead us in scoring in our tournament game that we lost to Dyersburg. If she continues to get better, she's the next big thing out of Gibson. The next few years in Single A should be ok for Gibson Co.

Well, Gibson Co. will drop down to Single A next year so maybe we'll get to play Jackson Co. in the glass house. We graduate only 1 player off of this years 20 win season. We have a stud of a Freshman that actually lead us in scoring in our tournament game that we lost to Dyersburg. If she continues to get better, she's the next big thing out of Gibson. The next few years in Single A should be ok for Gibson Co.

You know I respect you guys my friend and GC has a great program for sure. With you guys moving down does that put you in UC's district or region?

Edited by devilfanatic

You know I respect you guys my friend and GC has a great program for sure. With you guys moving down does that put you in UC's district or region?

District 14A most likely. I'd honestly rather be in 14A than in 13A. 14A is so much more competitive than that other district. 13A , outside of Gleason, is pretty horrendous. I have a feeling we will join 14A and someone else from 14A will be bumped to 13A.