whats the best thing you saw at this yrs states

mfceo

Best things I saw (or heard about) at State:

1) 2 champions going at it for multiple state titles...CONNELL vs. BRUNNER

2) 2 Bradley wrestlers rise up to take State Titles (against all odds)

3) A Ravenwood wrestler who had "no chance" beat someone who most of us still think is one of the top wrestlers in the state. Later I saw said wrestler from Cleveland enjoying himself with the rest of his teammates as if he had in fact won the state title and being a class act. What a great kid.

4) Schuyler LaRue saving a man's life. He finished one match from placing, but in my opinion (no offense to Jacob Stevens of Soddy), he should have been voted Most Outstanding Wrestler...just a thought.

5) Scottie Boykin and Jacob Freeman raising their hands as State Champs. I am glad I was able to play a small role on their journey.

6) Absolute heartbreak and sadness by those that lost during the tournament. Why would I say that? Because it shows just how determined and dedicated these young men are to the sport and how much they care.

7) Being able to talk to living legends in wrestling such as Steve Henry, Al Miller, Gordon Connell among others. There is nothing better than being able to talk wrestling with these guys...their deep knowledge and love of the sport is untouchable in my eyes.

8) Seeing 3 Middle Tennessee teams break through and finish in the top-5 in Ravenwood, Beech, and Wilson Central. Very proud of the guys I get to work with in this area.

9) The crowds from Cleveland, Soddy, and Bradley...these people are excitable and exciting to watch at the same time. The passion is evident and they are very knowledgeable fans.

10) Amos Mason winning his 3rd title and 132nd match in a row.

11) Nick Patton coming out of "nowhere" B) and placing 4th at 138.

12) Christian Brothers winning a second title this year.

Edited by coachknepper
  • Upvote 1

Coach Ron Bussey Came home the day before yesterday with a defribrilator in his chest and is doing great. He is getting around but slowly for now. Ive talked to the family and they have expressed thier gratitude of course for schuyler but also for all of those that have inquired how he is doing . Im sure he will be back watching TN wrestling next season and riding his motorcycles as soon as he is healthy enough to.