The Memphis Conspiracy

dwhunter45

It is a about 1 hour 45 mins by bus I believe. About as far if you go to Loretto which is in District 12 with Perry Co, Wayne Co etc.

You might lose some of your current district/region rivalries if you had a mass realignment but you would still be able to play those games because if you keep district size to 6-8 teams you have plenty of non district games to do it. You will have some long bus rides no matter what you do so. Some places like Middleton and Lake County are stuck in no mans man.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a about 1 hour 45 mins by bus I believe. About as far if you go to Loretto which is in District 12 with Perry Co, Wayne Co etc.

You might lose some of your current district/region rivalries if you had a mass realignment but you would still be able to play those games because if you keep district size to 6-8 teams you have plenty of non district games to do it. You will have some long bus rides no matter what you do so. Some places like Middleton and Lake County are stuck in no mans man.

And Henry County...

Every small school in West Tn has it rough,no way would it ever be equal,but one in 39 isn't as good as one in 25 odds wise...and to jog your memory Coach Vaughn,how long was the bus ride from Riverside to Middleton?Some more thought should be given to district placement...Riverside for example is closer to Perry Co.,Frank Hughes,Clarksburg,and Wayne Co. than they are to four of their district opponents.It might take a little thought,but most districts could be realigned to cut mileage and even out the numbers.

I thought the same thing. Separate the Memphis district into two districts and put Middleton in one of them. I was thinking you could put Riverside, Scotts Hill, and Adamsville in the district with Perry, Wayne, and Frank Hughes. Put the 3 Jackson teams in 13A or 14A. I'm sure they could move some teams out of the districts you added these teams to, to other districts and even out the numbers.

I also liked it when 14-AA was 12-AA. There was a chance of 4 teams from West TN going to State and that's how I think it should be set up. It might be hard in AAA but I think it should be set up in every classification with each part of the state having the possibility to send 4 teams.

I thought the same thing. Separate the Memphis district into two districts and put Middleton in one of them. I was thinking you could put Riverside, Scotts Hill, and Adamsville in the district with Perry, Wayne, and Frank Hughes. Put the 3 Jackson teams in 13A or 14A. I'm sure they could move some teams out of the districts you added these teams to, to other districts and even out the numbers.

I also liked it when 14-AA was 12-AA. There was a chance of 4 teams from West TN going to State and that's how I think it should be set up. It might be hard in AAA but I think it should be set up in every classification with each part of the state having the possibility to send 4 teams.

It almost like the Tenn River has to be the cutoff and they dont want schools going across it for District games. You would have to put some of the 15A schools you mentioned into 12A and some of the 13A schools in 10A. Just a big shift eastward for some schools and that would even it out. I'd see one of those Google maps they make for the football playoffs with all the districts and see how close or far schools are from each other. I'm sure there are enough that are close enough to another district that it could be done to where there is 6-8 in each one.