Elizabethton vs South Greene/Happy Valley vs Grainger

grassroots176

I know I did. And you know why I did. Lol. I'm not trying to be a heavy. Just a fan of my school. I think I'm pretty knowledgeable and pretty reasonable. I realize we have no gold or silver balls and we've only made state twice in school history. We are just trying to take a step toward that tradition that you guys, the Elizabethtons, the McMinn Centrals, and the other powerhouses of AA already enjoy.

Good luck on your quest...Except when you play LA! :thumb:

No one made up anything, you guys said your coach should not shake hands. Maybe our coach saw your little Roly-polies needed a rest from trying to run up and down the court with the Cyclones. I guess they were not use to playing at that pase. With that mouth I guess the apple did not fall far from the tree, I bet you wrote the cheers for your student section last night.

Edited by CyclonePrider

No one made up anything, you guys said your coach should not shake hands. Maybe our coach saw your little Roly-polies needed a rest from trying to run up and down the court with the Cyclones. I guess they were not use to playing at that pase. With that mouth I guess the apple did not fall far from the tree, I bet you wrote the cheers for your student section last night.

So calling our players names is now acceptable? Thats over the line.

Your an idiot! Anyone that would resort to calling high school girls names or making fun of their size need not talk about anyone elses language or conduct. I have consistantly praised your girls and your team for their play and their conduct. My only problem with your school is your fans like you and your coach And you did say that our coach did not shake hands. I said that he was a bigger man than me for being able to do it, because I could not have. Get your story straight.

We've all stood behind our teams throughout this discussion. Not one single word belittling the players on either/any team. Now you step in with this grade school-playground talk. I had my suspicions that you were not an adult from your previous posts, and now you provide the proof. What a joke. I'm sure your school and your community are proud to have people like you involved in a good basketball program like the Lady Cyclones have. Coach Combs, Coach K, Coach Roach, and EVERYONE on the bench walked through the line and shook EVERY hand on the Lady Cyclone's team. Let's talk about cheers. Our kids were moved from behind their team and placed in a corner at the end of the court UPSTAIRS for standing up. Your students were on their feet the entire game, and were in our girls ears on the sideline screaming everything imaginable to them. And you make your childish statements about our fans. Thankfully you ARE NOT typical of Elizabethton fans. Our girls have sought out "supposed" better teams all season to make them better. They went to Smith County looking for bigger and better. They found tough competition, and never backed down. That being said, post what you want. You don't deserve any more responses. You've taken this discussion to a level not deserving of notice. There's always one in the bunch! Good luck to the Lady Cyclones, but better luck to the Lady Grizzlies. I sincerely hope we have the opportunity of a face to face meeting some day so we can discuss all this further.

Well, I've stayed quiet for a while since our boys and girls had to stay in the doghouse while the rest of you continued to play, but after reading the comments from lizziebetsy about grainger I've got a few things to say. everyone is talking about the fans, well I hate to be the bringer of bad news, but lizziebetsy needs to clean her house before she starts ragging on anyone else. I guess some of you are deaf, cause I heart a lot worse coming from the betsy side than from happy valley or south greene, and anyone who tops south greene's rednecks is beyond bad! But the lizzybetsy fans went over the top with disrespect. sure some of grainger's fans were a little upset with the loss, and for good reason. I was sitting where I could see pretty well, and from a fan who's team fell to the grizzlies, they got robbed! The Betsyton girls held, threw hips, grabbed arms and hands only to see jump ball calls all night! Had grainger been allowed to shoot all the real fouls, they would have won on that alone. Talking about them needing the betsytons to call a time out for a little rest suppose Betsyton had been the ones playing an extra 3 players. They may have been out of a little wind as well. Your girls played a good game, and take nothing from them. They laid it all on the court. But the had a little help from the 3 zebras running up and down the court as well. I guess Saturday night will be the proof in the pudding for both teams. good luck lady cyclones, but on this side of the hill our support goes to the lady grizzlies at grainger. Pollyanna won't work in those games. Now, for that little puff of wind with cyclone pride, you need to come over to the doghouse and let us show you a little home baked hospitality! Grainger moves on to another school who get's to recruit players under protection of the almighty TSSAA. none of you city schools can possibly have that many good players living in your city limits when compared to the entire school community of the non recruiters. Not crying or whining, just stating the facts. so, you just keep on blowing that little wind that filters it's way down from blowing rock through all those trees on the watauga. We really need to give you guys back to North Carolina and cancel their debt. "Franklin" wasn't needed back then and it's not needed now! get em grizzlies except when the dogs are running!

A good deal of you people need to grow up! Maybe a lot of you are kids because you sure act like it! The name-calling and putting down each other's teams is so juvenile and gains nothing. That said, I will say my piece about a few things.

As for the officiating in this contest, maybe you should take that up with Region 3 cause that's where I heard they were from. Local officials are never allowed to call games in their own district or region - you should know that. And actually the fouls called were pretty even (until Grainger fouled on purpose during the final minutes) with Betsy getting just as many or more bad or non-calls. Officiating did nothing to change the outcome of this game. The Lady Cyclones simply controlled the game throughout and deserve credit for playing a great game!

And some folks think it is impossible to have that caliber players living inside the city limits? Think again! Here's the rundown for you from the top players. Savannah Madgett - born and raised in E'ton. Whitney Roberts - attended E'ton City Schools her whole life since her mother is a teacher in the system and does live inside the city limits now. Reazyn DeMoss moved to Elizabethton after 5th grade from Johnson City. Kelci and Kayla Marosites - live in city limits and have attended ECS system for many years. Miranda Isaacs - born and raised inside city limits. Sarah Bradley - lives in county but has attended ECSS since 5th grade. Even the point guard who tore ACL, Morgan Depew, was born and raised inside Elizabethton city limits, as well as injured player Caley Hodge, who moved to Elizabethton in 3rd grade. I can't even think of any junior varsity players who do not live in the city limits, or at least have attended city schools all their lives.

Lauren McCurry, who transferred from Unicoi County before her sophomore year, was certainly not recruited! She moved to Elizabethton with her family to play ball there because she was not happy at Unicoi County. Turned out Elizabethton did not work out for her either and she doesn't play anywhere now.

Absolutely no recruits in our bunch, but if it makes you feel better to think so, feel free. But I can see why would girls and parents would want to be part of the winning tradition. At Elizabethton, they work their butts off and only those who really want to play ball survive! That's why they turn out winning teams ---- not because they have refs in their pockets or bring in recruits!

As far as calling girls on other teams names, that is going too far!!!! I do not believe that person is a parent of a player at EHS, but anyway, sorry about that person. Just as bad is the person calling Coach Dugger classless, a jerk or whatever it was. Totally unnecessary and they really ave no idea what this man is about. This is the most intense and focused coach I have seen at this level and he has dedicated himself to these girls, just wanting them to be the best they can be. If anyone gets that out of them, he can do it. Yes, sometimes he lets his emotions get a little out of hand during the moment, but he never would do anything to call attention to himself or call a time out to rub anything in anyone's face! I would venture to say that if the shoe were on the other foot and Grainger had dominated Elizabethton, there would not have been a single complaint!

A good deal of you people need to grow up! Maybe a lot of you are kids because you sure act like it! The name-calling and putting down each other's teams is so juvenile and gains nothing. That said, I will say my piece about a few things.

As for the officiating in this contest, maybe you should take that up with Region 3 cause that's where I heard they were from. Local officials are never allowed to call games in their own district or region - you should know that. And actually the fouls called were pretty even (until Grainger fouled on purpose during the final minutes) with Betsy getting just as many or more bad or non-calls. Officiating did nothing to change the outcome of this game. The Lady Cyclones simply controlled the game throughout and deserve credit for playing a great game!

And some folks think it is impossible to have that caliber players living inside the city limits? Think again! Here's the rundown for you from the top players. Savannah Madgett - born and raised in E'ton. Whitney Roberts - attended E'ton City Schools her whole life since her mother is a teacher in the system and does live inside the city limits now. Reazyn DeMoss moved to Elizabethton after 5th grade from Johnson City. Kelci and Kayla Marosites - live in city limits and have attended ECS system for many years. Miranda Isaacs - born and raised inside city limits. Sarah Bradley - lives in county but has attended ECSS since 5th grade. Even the point guard who tore ACL, Morgan Depew, was born and raised inside Elizabethton city limits, as well as injured player Caley Hodge, who moved to Elizabethton in 3rd grade. I can't even think of any junior varsity players who do not live in the city limits, or at least have attended city schools all their lives.

Lauren McCurry, who transferred from Unicoi County before her sophomore year, was certainly not recruited! She moved to Elizabethton with her family to play ball there because she was not happy at Unicoi County. Turned out Elizabethton did not work out for her either and she doesn't play anywhere now.

Absolutely no recruits in our bunch, but if it makes you feel better to think so, feel free. But I can see why would girls and parents would want to be part of the winning tradition. At Elizabethton, they work their butts off and only those who really want to play ball survive! That's why they turn out winning teams ---- not because they have refs in their pockets or bring in recruits!

As far as calling girls on other teams names, that is going too far!!!! I do not believe that person is a parent of a player at EHS, but anyway, sorry about that person. Just as bad is the person calling Coach Dugger classless, a jerk or whatever it was. Totally unnecessary and they really ave no idea what this man is about. This is the most intense and focused coach I have seen at this level and he has dedicated himself to these girls, just wanting them to be the best they can be. If anyone gets that out of them, he can do it. Yes, sometimes he lets his emotions get a little out of hand during the moment, but he never would do anything to call attention to himself or call a time out to rub anything in anyone's face! I would venture to say that if the shoe were on the other foot and Grainger had dominated Elizabethton, there would not have been a single complaint!

No arguments with anything you said, except for the part about your coach. He is a jerk. I know, I know he's your jerk and he wins and you love him. He's had great success, but he's also benefitted from having great players always come through his system. Funny how last year when the going was a little rough for the girls, the saintly man that he is, abandoned the girls and walked away from them mid season to take over the boys team that he felt would give him a better chance to win. Then when the greatest coach to ever live, got upset in the first round of the district boys tourney by a team that had no business beating them, he decided he would go back and coach the girls again. There's a right way to win and a wrong way. He typically chooses the latter. But you guys are the only one in the area that will defend him. No one may come forward publicly, but I know that the majority of schools, fans, and other coaches in the area feel exactly the same way about him as we do. It is what is, you won't change my mind or anyone elses for that matter. He's done too much over the years to go back now.

• Upvote 1