Ideas about South Pittsburg this year

Guest SPHSpirate

Guest Bluetorn25

What are my ideas about SPITT this year? My idea is that they will once again get dominated by tyler fourdyce when he pitches his third-straight perfect game against SPITT.

-McCallie baseball, state champs, DII, 2003

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

South Pitt should have no problem breaking their win total from last year. In another post i have read I seen where they have south pitt ranked 9th above lookout valley now that is going a little to far. i know that the team was very young last year and they think that they are more mature after those 6 freshmen got that first season under their belt. I say South Pitt finishes 4th in the district and i believe that would be a vast improvement if they can accomplish this.

Gone are the glory days? South Pittsburgh Baseball didn't have glory days it had a dynasty. All the great battles with Charleston, Whitwell, and Valley. That's when Class A baseball was at the top in this area.

Pirates such as Michael McCarver, Jeremy Jackson, Bradley

Greene, and John Bonner, these guys weren't great athletes they were guys that loved to play.

If Pitt is going to reach the top again - they must do start loving the game and start listening to Coach Cooper. Coop knows the game and can teach it (remember it was a football coach (wilson) that won the state in 96)

Good Luck.

There isn't a question of not loving the game on the Pirates team...if we didn't love the game we wouldn't stick with it...especially after the seasons like we have had the past 2 years. SP's problem isn't that we don't love the game or that we don't have the talent, it is just that we don't play as a team. We started getting better last year towards the end, but it was too late to make a charge at anything. Only chance we have is if we carry that same momentum over into this year, if we wait to let it come like we have the past 2 seasons it will be a long year for us.