AA State Tourney

dctiger

I know hind sight is 20-20 but it is funny to go back and read the beginnings of this thread and read. No one picked CPA and Macon wasn't mentioned in the first post either. Congratulations to both team. Macon Co., !

Macon was mentioned in the first post. Because I posted their game just like everyone else's ;)....Bob has been bragging on you guy from the very start. Good luck today!

Macon edged CPA in the region championship 47-33. We all know there is more to fight for in the state championship game..CPA will come to fight being the underdog and will need to get their inside game going. Pulling more Macon. My prediction, which means nothing, is 53-45 Macon. Good luck!

Macon edged CPA in the region championship 47-33. We all know there is more to fight for in the state championship game..CPA will come to fight being the underdog and will need to get their inside game going. Pulling more Macon. My prediction, which means nothing, is 53-45 Macon. Good luck!

CPA was within 4 points in 4th quarter of that game with the ball. Macon got two quick turnovers and scores.

Then CPA had to foul. Macon hit almost all their free throws down the stretch to extend their lead.

I think it will come down to defense. CPA has to defend the 3 point shot and Macon has to defend inside. Best defense wins.

CPA was within 4 points in 4th quarter of that game with the ball. Macon got two quick turnovers and scores.

Then CPA had to foul. Macon hit almost all their free throws down the stretch to extend their lead.

I think it will come down to defense. CPA has to defend the 3 point shot and Macon has to defend inside. Best defense wins.

The team that scores the most wins. Macon by 20. :flower:

Unluckiest postseason tournament team: Lipscomb Academy. Had to play both teams now in the finals.

Lost to CPA in District finals in double overtime, and lost to Macon County in Region semi-finals, also in double overtime.

Good luck to both teams.

Good point. They may have claim to #3.

That's the rule. why is it ridiculous?

The rule is a bit ridiculous, since logo's are allowed on shorts, shoes, and socks. What is more ridiculous, and what I assume coachrus is referring to, is the fact that CPA wore the same jerseys in 3 state games last year without a technical, and that the technical was assessed after the first quarter. I feel dumb having to explain this to you.

That's the rule. why is it ridiculous?

Ridiculous rule to begin with. But mostly the selective enforcement of the rule is ridiculous. The rule should have been enforce in one of the previous games in the last two years which would include four previous state tournament games. It also should have been called prior to the start of the game when it would have only cost 2 free throws and not a change of possession. However

Elizabethton's coaches were obviously upset that the half inch swoosh gave CPA a decided advantage and waited to bring it to the refs attention to when it would give them the greatest advantage.

Should the CPA coaches have known about the rule? Yes. So they are to blame as well. But don't we want state championships decided on the court by the players and not by a uniform snafu?