Elizabethton cyclones

BigBama42

Are they big, fast, tough on inside or can dropped 3s? We have a couple of seniors that I feel can match up against anyone in the state. We also have a set of twins that play hard and know how to win. I'm excited about the draw. We will see early if we can play with the big dogs....see you at the Boro.

Westview has average height. They start two seniors, two juniors, and a sophomore. Just about everyone that plays can drop the 3 ball at any given time (hit 11-14 in substate game). They also have a post player who signed with D-1 High Point University and dropped 40+ in a game this year. They are a very well-coached, fundamentally sound team that knows how to win. They are battle tested coming from 13 AA and region 7AA. They also have a set of twins that play hard and know how to win :D Downside is they don't have a very deep bench.

Any input or thoughts on Elizabethton vs Westview? How do they match up? Who will win? Does my little Carter county team have a chance or should we forfeit?

Should we forfeit?? We will fight till the end tooth and nail. And if we do lose it will be only after everything is left on the court! No forfeit, no surrender. That's the only way to play the game.

Should we forfeit?? We will fight till the end tooth and nail. And if we do lose it will be only after everything is left on the court! No forfeit, no surrender. That's the only way to play the game.

You guys played Westview in the state in 2009 when you guys had the big center. Different teams now. But I will tell you they are battle tested and will play hard the whole 4 quarters. They are pretty tall as a team and run a half court offense. They are not an up and down the floor type team. They beat Obion, State Runner-Up last year, 3 out of 4. But I would say Elizabethton is playing as well as anyone right now. They handled Grainger pretty easy and looked like they have been in cruise control throughout the tournament. I would expect a Cannon County McMinn Central part two. Westview has faced Obion 4 times and Covington 4 times and just about all of them have went down to the wire. Looks like going to be a gunfight right off the bat. I will be there.

You guys played Westview in the state in 2009 when you guys had the big center. Different teams now. But I will tell you they are battle tested and will play hard the whole 4 quarters. They are pretty tall as a team and run a half court offense. They are not an up and down the floor type team. They beat Obion, State Runner-Up last year, 3 out of 4. But I would say Elizabethton is playing as well as anyone right now. They handled Grainger pretty easy and looked like they have been in cruise control throughout the tournament. I would expect a Cannon County McMinn Central part two. Westview has faced Obion 4 times and Covington 4 times and just about all of them have went down to the wire. Looks like going to be a gunfight right off the bat. I will be there.

how do they do most of their scoring?

how do they do most of their scoring?

They are very balanced. Shoot three's well. All five of them. Their 5 can post up, but she likes to step out and shoot the three. She is going to High Point University. They run motion, set screens. Don't turn the ball over a lot. Not very deep. They lost a really good player to a knee injury 3 weeks ago. They can be beat though. You guys are not too shabby either are ya? You guys have been playing good ball. Handled Grainger pretty easy. Westview is a very good team, but the rest of the teams are good as well. Including Elizabethton. We all are in the dark with this tournament. Lot of good teams. No dominant ones.
  • Upvote 1

They are very balanced. Shoot three's well. All five of them. Their 5 can post up, but she likes to step out and shoot the three. She is going to High Point University. They run motion, set screens. Don't turn the ball over a lot. Not very deep. They lost a really good player to a knee injury 3 weeks ago. They can be beat though. You guys are not too shabby either are ya? You guys have been playing good ball. Handled Grainger pretty easy. Westview is a very good team, but the rest of the teams are good as well. Including Elizabethton. We all are in the dark with this tournament. Lot of good teams. No dominant ones.

technically they are all dominant. ;)

I guess your right. They are all really good. Put any one of the eight can win it. I don't think there is a clear cut favorite.

the one team i don't like in the tournament is a shocker, but its only cause i have watched them alot this year and that is CPA, they are the defending champs, but last year i had said they were going to win it and be tough, this year however, they are not hot going in and even though they have alot of their better players back, they have just been alot more vulnerable this year. lipscomb should have gotten in if not for that 4o foot buzzer shot by legate for cpa to send it to double OT where they pulled out the win. That does not mean that they can't get hot though, i am just saying that they seem alot different then last year and not in a good way. Edited by knightsfan