TNAAU State Tourney

LightsOutWrestler

We are working with Track to set up a seeding/seperation criteria based on this years Regional Results. There is discussion under way about wrestling for a true second at this years event.

One reason the brackets are not complete is because no one has registered yet. We wanted to get the separation criteria set before we have wrestlers sign up. Hopefully by tomorrow PM, all will be posted and sign-ups will begin.

No John Salter is not quitting nor is that the reason why the brackets are not posted, If you want to view what kids will be in a bracket go to Track Wrestling, all results are posted on there.

Once the separation criteria is set, Track will place the wrestlers where they go.

One challenge has been with the odd number of regions, for one, for me anyway.

The finals will be showcased. The round-robins will be a challenge to be showcased due to you really don't know what round will end up being the match for first and second.

• Upvote 1

We need to have 5th and 6th place regional placers. Between regionals and time of state, there are occurrences of some of the top 4 regional placers getting injured. Have 5th and 6th place guys would provide alternates that can fill in the event 1 of the top 4 can't wrestle at state.

I was at the morning session of the region 5 tournament, which I thought went well. I did not see the afternoon session, but I would think the exposure that a reality show brings would only help bring recognition to the sport. I could not tell you the number of people I talk to that did not even know that youth wrestling was an option in TN.

• Upvote 1