AAA Favorites?

Andretti

Consensus on the board appears to be that Southwind, Dyer County, and Blackman are the odds on favorites for the AAA crown. Anyone care to give strengths, weaknesses, and player info? I got Southwind covered of course B) . Really interested to hear about Blackman though.

:popcorneater:

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any particular reason why you guys rank Blackmon higher than DC?

A few thoughts on Blackman over Dyer Co. Keep in mind I am no expert of the teams. I have not even seen Dyer Co. play. Both have Div. 1 talent. Both are athletic. Dyer Co. has edge in competition played, however Blackman has finished everyone they have played including a very good Siegal team 4 times. Blackman is a senior loaded team and they use their bench a lot. So considering what I know, I give slight edge to Blackman.

I just hope that Blackman, Dyer Co, and Southwind do not have to play each other in the first round to make for better semi-final and final round games.

I do think Siegal and Oak Ridge can make some noise too.

A few thoughts on Blackman over Dyer Co. Keep in mind I am no expert of the teams. I have not even seen Dyer Co. play. Both have Div. 1 talent. Both are athletic. Dyer Co. has edge in competition played, however Blackman has finished everyone they have played including a very good Siegal team 4 times. Blackman is a senior loaded team and they use their bench a lot. So considering what I know, I give slight edge to Blackman.

I just hope that Blackman, Dyer Co, and Southwind do not have to play each other in the first round to make for better semi-final and final round games.

I do think Siegal and Oak Ridge can make some noise too.

Dyer County and Southwind have to be on opposite sides of bracket because Maryville/Oak Ridge, Siegel/Blackman, and Brentwood/Hillsboro have to be on opposite sides of bracket since they all come from the same respective regions. Therefore, there is no way Blackman, Dyer County, and Southwind can all be on the same side. Blackman will be on either the side of Dyer County or Southwind....... could be first round or semifinals.

All the West Tennesseans who have been moaning and groaning about a possible first round matchup between Dyer County and Southwind can sleep easy........ it won't happen. If they play each other, it will be in championship game.

Dyer County and Southwind have to be on opposite sides of bracket because Maryville/Oak Ridge, Siegel/Blackman, and Brentwood/Hillsboro have to be on opposite sides of bracket since they all come from the same respective regions. Therefore, there is no way Blackman, Dyer County, and Southwind can all be on the same side. Blackman will be on either the side of Dyer County or Southwind....... could be first round or semifinals.

All the West Tennesseans who have been moaning and groaning about a possible first round matchup between Dyer County and Southwind can sleep easy........ it won't happen. If they play each other, it will be in championship game.

you are absolutely wrong.....Dyer County and Southwind can meet in the first round because are not in the same district or region.

you are absolutely wrong.....Dyer County and Southwind can meet in the first round because are not in the same district or region.

What he was saying was because the other 6 teams have to be split opposite, it will automatically pair Dyer Co and Southwind as being split. We all know they are not in the same district or region.

I was impressed with Blackman.......they demolished the fast undersized Owls....but with more depth and inside presence they will be back next year......I gotta go with a Memphis team to win it all.....they eat sleep breathe basketball down there......and D1 recruits are the normal.....

This is the year for Blackman. They are senior dominated and deep this year. They have an elite player in Darius Thompson. They will be a good team next year but I don't think this good.