Predictions for 5AAA

Butcher72

Let's be real here. Bradley lost some important cogs they have to replace. Cleveland is rebuilding, but is returning many strong pieces. So is Ooltewah. East Hamilton is in the enviable position of coming into the District with a fine team that was very good last year. I would love to pick the Bears first, but I just realistically can't. East Hamilton, Ooltewah, and Cleveland all in my mind return stronger teams on paper. Until Bradley proves that that their player are ready to get the job done, (McMinn has to as well) I have to put them in the middle of the pack. and that is why we will play the games and see how it all falls out.

Even if it's true.....I stand by what I said.....sooo disrespectful........

McMinn lost far too many players (who have started the past 2-3 years) to be a contender. The Cherokees have some talent, but most of the talent from the past two years will be playing college ball this fall. It's definitely a rebuilding year for McMinn, but I'm hoping they upset at least one of the four teams picked ahead of them.....and not get upset themselves by either of the two teams picked behind them.

Well someone else has to step up......No excuses....Murivil were runners-up and the confidence they have in their team ...you would think they won......and dont give me that apples with apples crap....you are the defending district champs....and its a tough district.....their district is not IMO....

Your fine I am not offended @ all. There is not a fan on here that in there mind there school can win the title (other than Soddy). They all should, everybody has to rely on the big 8 factors with number 8 being the most important……..!!!

• Talent. (you got it or you don’t, use your head here not your heart) Ooltewah

• Size. (Its football you have got to have the bulls to withstand the grind)East Hamilton

• Depth. (cannot go far with out it, if your playing a lot of kids both ways your in trouble, and a injury will kill you)Cleveland

• Coaching. (Coach has to know what he is doing, and been there and done that. Experience is key here)Doug Greene Ted Gatewood

• Injury / off the field issues. (It happens and you can do nothing to stop it. Got to have #4 5aaa

• Bounce back mentality. (if you cannot get over the week before, your doomed, no one goes 10-0 in this district Ooltewah lost 3 in a row along with 7 starters...bounced back to qtr. final round

• Out of district play. (Got to get ready and play above your head, play weak out of district it will show up in a big way. Your team can go 5-5 over all and 5-1 in the district you’re going to the playoffs, with a first round home game. That’s all that matters) True

• Luck. (you got it or you don’t and it changes in a blink of an eye, nobody gets a nod here)PLAY TILL THE CLOCK RUNS OUT>>>>DEFENSE!!!

This is IMO!!!!!!!

#1 every team has some, but just in observation and from last year and summer camps and college interest 3 seem to be at the top. (In no particular order) Owls, Raiders, Canes have the nod TALK ABOUT THE KIDS WHO ACTUALLY HAVE OFFERS THAN THE ONES WITH JUST LOOKS AND I MAY LISTEN.....

#2 No question Canes out front they get the nod.IYO (in your opinion)

#3 Toss up between raiders and Canes, with the Owls not to far behind. NO TOSS UP

#4 coaching no clear cut fav here, McMinn guys is world class, Cleveland got one of the best, Bradley young rising star, Canes is now a veteran, and Walker Valley could get a job tomorrow if he wanted too. Owls great knowledge and done it at a higher level than anyone. But does he have the patents for high school kids? Yeah he was an asst in college but his only head job was a disaster (yeah I did the research) I have no idea at Soddy. Question is: Which will BAIL on the kids first

#5 you have no way to predict this see #8. :?:

#6 I give this nod to Canes, can’t find too many other teams that did it last year, some of the teams really struggled after a loss. Canes lost a game that they won in every category but the score board to the Owls, and then rolled in 10 straight. (Correct me if I am wrong is another team that did this last yearThe Owls beat the Canes with the herd of Cattle on the front line and that stud rb because we played till the clock ran out and our defense and speed ruled in the end

#7 an’t even close, yeah few teams play a tough opponent, Canes – Kingsport DB,(Homecoming for the Owls) Riverdale,(rebuilding) Signal(HOMECOOKING PAYBACK) (who would be in the top 3 in this district and they are 4A and should be 2A) and Rhea :roflolk: (much improved from what I here) And a preseason trip to Murvil.(HIGH FOOTBALL IQ) Owls do have more than one non district game Siegel, and Kingsport DB. Other 2 are a joke.WE TAKE NO ONE LIGHTLY

#8 I hope we all can find some.Alot of Humble Pie

Going by this looks like Canes should be penciled in as pre-season FAV. But there is always #5 and #8, and in the end who knows……..

Everyone is entitled to their opinions....Thanks ChattaOwl-used to be but now Cane-Creator......OF FICTION..... :mrgreen: Edited by PassiveAggressive

It's not fiction if you believe it to be true. But I do enjoy the heck out of debating you. Have a great weekend!

Just so you know most kids do not sign till after there Sr season some do give a verbal early. We're you not talking about a 15 year old kid in the 10th grade? I guess it's OK to talk about kids who have some talent only if they attend Hooterville.

Just so you know most kids do not sign till after there Sr season some do give a verbal early. We're you not talking about a 15 year old kid in the 10th grade? I guess it's OK to talk about kids who have some talent only if they attend Hooterville.

I did say IMO and ended with who knows cut me some freakin slack!

no someone asked a question about who he was but you always mention the one's who have looks my stud is to young for a list of looks right now.

Even if it's true.....I stand by what I said.....sooo disrespectful........

How is that disrespectful? Bradley fans have seen EH up close and personal the last two years. We won down there with arguably the best Bradley team in years, then lost with a respectable team last year, and bottom line EH manhandled our lines last year. Those line generally return, while we are having to put together a new line. I saw every one of the rest of the District teams last year, and I don't see anyone, that I can argue, is better across the board than EH right now. Will EH be the champ at the end of the season? Maybe, maybe not. None of the teams are going to roll over for them, and playing the district schedule with the OOC teams they have will not be easy. But right now, not giving them the nod at the top, is disrespect to them as well and not objective to boot. Right now I know there is not a fan on here that does not think their favorite team does not have a chance at winning the district. (except maybe SD) Me included.