D@ Roundball

AGGSL

I would agree that it was an upset. Harding had a better record, and they have a better coach, but it was not a fluke. ECS outplayed Harding the entire game, and deserved the win. As far as previous scores go, you still have to perform in the tournament, otherwise, why would you have a postseason. I also agree that it was disappointing that all of the West teams were eliminated last year, but as I recall, they were all eliminated the prior year (including Harding). I guess that was a fluke as well.

Yeah, Gary, Brentwood Academy should be strong this year. Senior King Dunlap wil be lethal at Center, Senior Pete Compton (6'7) is also going to be strong in the middle, Sophomore Barry Turner (ranked in the 60's by Gomab) is fabulous, and hopefully Sophomore Chris Slay (younger brother of Ron Slay, Goman honorable mention) will be a good addition. Contributing in the backcourt will be Mason Revelette (Sophomore), Hunter Mize (Junior), and Scottie Reall (Junior). To top it all off, legendary Science Hill coach George Pitts begins his 2nd year at BA's helm. He knows how to build programs, and should do a great job at BA this year.

2 years ago in the sectionals Harding lost to Father Ryan in OT on a throw up three pointer by May as time ran out! It was very heart breaking as Harding should have won. they have been good the last three years and this year should be their best team in a while!

Tre Williams, John Bradford, Justin Jenkins, Adam Rodriguiez, and Byron Taylor should start! Tre is one of the best(if not the best) D2 player in the state. He can take a game over at any time and drain the three at any given moment. If he is on Harding wont lose that night. But a lot of role players will have to step up and come up big on the offensive end. But i have heard the defense might be down this year and that would be something with Pete Frodden as the coach. What does everyone else think about the upcoming season and who are the contenders and pretenders? Best players?

west:

Large-

1. Harding

2. Briarcrest

3. MUS

4. ECS

5. CBHS

6. St. Benedict

Small-

1. Lausanne

2. Bishop Byrne

3. Elliston Baptist

4. Catholic

5. FACS

6. Tipton Rosemark

Middle/East

1. Brentwood Academy

2. Norte Dame

3. Father Ryan

4. MBA

5. BGA

6. Knoxville Catholic

7. Webb

8. USN

9. Baylor

Thats mine: Bowman and Williams are the best players!

I apologize if you thought I was nitpicking...but all you have to do is read the latest post by a Harding fan (mofototo50) to see my point. I think he said Harding lost two years ago to Father Ryan, when they "should have won". I have a tremendous amount of respect for the Harding basketball team, and especially your coach, so I do not mean any offense...just give the opposing teams credit when they beat you. Greatness is not defined by "would have, should have" but by performance at tournament time.