Livingston Academy vs CPA

Guest AllBlue

Breakaway player grabbed by the arm from behind and nearly pulled down. "Please explain..". Really?

Ok, what just so happens to be in those arms? THE BASKETBALL! And the last time I looked, if your going for the ball ( not in malitious fasion ) its not an intentional foul. I believe all the officials was trying to say with those intentional fouls is " Don't hurt the superstar! ". And the way I seen it, it was a 5'6" 160 lb Bubba Jolley reaching into a 6'6" 225lb Jaylin Lyndsey. So I believe the phrase "pulled down" is a bit of a stretch there DAD1.

• Upvote 1

One was legit - the one on Lindsey. Went for the arms, not the ball. Prevented a monster dunk. The other was a foul, but questionable intentional, and I think CPA missed the FT's anyway, so no impact.

No impact! The 2nd definetly did. On the free possession Allsmiller hit a 3 in the corner & that was the knock out punch! We just started a little run & that horrible call had a potential 5-6 point swing while we were down 9. Credit to Maddux, he really works the refs. Some call it crying but its effective cause he will get all the close ones, I've seen it for two years now.

No impact! The 2nd definetly did. On the free possession Allsmiller hit a 3 in the corner & that was the knock out punch! We just started a little run & that horrible call had a potential 5-6 point swing while we were down 9. Credit to Maddux, he really works the refs. Some call it crying but its effective cause he will get all the close ones, I've seen it for two years now.

You guys are unbelieveable! On one hand, you heap praise on the team who loses - convinceably - and thank the other teams fans for congratulating your team for a good effort and great season. Then, you start whining about the refs and how they affected the game. On the play you mention above, without the foul CPA would have had the layup - 2 points. With the foul, they missed both free throws and got a 3, so the difference was ONE POINT! LA had a good team, a good season, 4 seniors who gave you a lot to cheer about, and 2 great players that against most teams have been enough. CPA shot terrible in the first half (check the stats), LA shot well, and that was why it was close. The 2nd half was different. As I predicted in a past post, McCoin, as good as he is (I love his game) did not beat CPA with dribble penetration like he does most teams. He had only one penetrating basket and only a couple of 2-point baskets (6 threes).

LA has been congratulated for having a good 1st half and hanging in there by both teams fans. Just leave it at that.

Here are the facts for those of you who want to think the refs cost LA the game: After leading 7-2, LA was outscored by 20 the rest of the game. Their star players scored all but 8 of their points. They got 30 of their 48 points from 3's, and only about 5 other baskets. Their bench was scoreless. Spin it any way you want, but if they played 10 times, CPA would win 10. Don't let a great effort and one good half distort reality and start blaming refs.

The intential foul call on McCoin was one of the worst calls I have ever seen. He was in front of him and grabbed the arms and got a piece of the ball. should have been nothing more than a good hard foul. The other one didn't surprise me after the way they called the first. CPA was the better team and they should be with the advantages they have over public teams.

You guys are unbelieveable! On one hand, you heap praise on the team who loses - convinceably - and thank the other teams fans for congratulating your team for a good effort and great season. Then, you start whining about the refs and how they affected the game. On the play you mention above, without the foul CPA would have had the layup - 2 points. With the foul, they missed both free throws and got a 3, so the difference was ONE POINT! LA had a good team, a good season, 4 seniors who gave you a lot to cheer about, and 2 great players that against most teams have been enough. CPA shot terrible in the first half (check the stats), LA shot well, and that was why it was close. The 2nd half was different. As I predicted in a past post, McCoin, as good as he is (I love his game) did not beat CPA with dribble penetration like he does most teams. He had only one penetrating basket and only a couple of 2-point baskets (6 threes).

LA has been congratulated for having a good 1st half and hanging in there by both teams fans. Just leave it at that.

Here are the facts for those of you who want to think the refs cost LA the game: After leading 7-2, LA was outscored by 20 the rest of the game. Their star players scored all but 8 of their points. They got 30 of their 48 points from 3's, and only about 5 other baskets. Their bench was scoreless. Spin it any way you want, but if they played 10 times, CPA would win 10. Don't let a great effort and one good half distort reality and start blaming refs.

Now come on nerd! I didn't say Refs cost the game and didnt say the 2nd intentional foul wasnt a foul, just not intentional & it did have impact. Ok I can assume (being a nerd)you can count. The foul stopped the score, the two missed free throws would have most likley ended up with a LA defensive rebound. Instead with it being called an intentional, cpa got a free possession & made the 3. Mccoin came back down & made a three. Take away the free possession & you have a six point swing. BIG IMPACT in a 9 pt game! Now with that being said, I still dont think LA could pull it off because the boys were spent!

Credit to Maddux, he really works the refs. Some call it crying but its effective cause he will get all the close ones, I've seen it for two years now.

And for some of us in CPA's current district (10AA)- we have seen it for the last 7 years (including 3 years in the 9AA)- any surprise that there are no tears being shed because CPA is moving to a new district (12AA) next year!

I do believe I said I dont know if it would have made a difference in the ball game or not. But explain to me how a very talented and aggresive Lyndsey never had the first foul called on him? Don't get me wrong, CPA is the team to beat in the state hands down, and I commend them for that. I believe discountcity said it best, CPA has the best team money can buy.

Oh I'm sorry....I apoligize. I rechecked the rule book and see it is O.K. for Player A to grab player b by the wrist and hold on if player b is larger than player a or if player b happens to be the better player. Different rules in your part of the state. I do agree the second one was not called correctly.

Ok, what just so happens to be in those arms? THE BASKETBALL! And the last time I looked, if your going for the ball ( not in malitious fasion ) its not an intentional foul. I believe all the officials was trying to say with those intentional fouls is " Don't hurt the superstar! ". And the way I seen it, it was a 5'6" 160 lb Bubba Jolley reaching into a 6'6" 225lb Jaylin Lyndsey. So I believe the phrase "pulled down" is a bit of a stretch there DAD1.