Gomab's Top 100 Sophomores

CoachT

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree to an extent on that coment space. They will get noticed due to the fact that most AAU teams is a complimation of good players, so the college coaches will "kill 2 birds with one stone" so to say. But the recruiting is going to be done in the high school setting and with the high school coach.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted by space21:

itzme-

How can you say Gomab puts too much emphasis on AAU. AAU is how kids get notiiced. Random colleges coaches don't just come to random high school games. AAU is what it's all about.

Wow!! Dug that one up from October?? Anyway, I think that Gomab sees more kids play in AAU ball than he does in High School games. Some players styles are more suited to some coaching styles, which allows them to be better.

A perfect example is Barry Turner, who Gomab has rated in the 70s. Barry made the All State Tournament Team this season, so based on his High School play, he would probably be rated much higher than 70 something. I also think that Gomab tends to gravitate towards the guards and wing players at the expense of true post players. Just my opinion.

Regardless, I have great respect for Gomab. He works hard at this and does a great job.

[Edited by itzme on 4-30-03 2:22P]

Gomab, I respect what you do...I think that comes through in my posts. Disagreeing a bit is not intended to minimize your expertise...it is clearly much broader than mine. However, one can look at your rankings and see certain trends, that's all I'm saying. I understand that your ratings are based primarily on potential to play at the next level, not on their current contribution to their teams. It's a different way of looking at players.

So I guess you'll keep Barry at 73rd? :) BTW, when and where are the 16U Boys States being played this year?

[Edited by itzme on 4-30-03 5:17P]