Another cycle

texas23

Saw this one as well. I lost my dad while out here working, looking back wish I had done something similar. Best to him and it sounds like Clarksville will get a great coach. Have missed your posts Tex..almost always entertaining.

http://blogs.tennessean.com/high-school-sports/2013/04/03/clarksville-again-seeks-wrestling-coach/

Jacky Blosser has resigned as wrestling coach at Clarksville, ending a tenure that began last July.

“While I enjoy wrestling, I never want it to be the focal point of my life,†said Blosser, a Chattanooga area native. “I want it to be something I do to help make others better, that’s enjoyable but doesn’t detract from my family.

“I couldn’t do the one thing I moved back to Tennessee to do, which was to be closer to my family. My mom’s 74. I’ve got to get closer, got to close that gap.â€

Blosser, who replaced Jeff Jordan following Jordan’s retirement, had previously coached at Morristown West but had worked in southern California as an engineer before returning to the area. At Hixson, Blosser went 96-9 and placed third in the 1989 and ’90 state tournaments. He then earned all-American honors at the junior college and NAIA levels.

Clarksville had three Division I medalists this season — 170-pound runner-up Tyler Crane, 182-pound fourth-place finisher Kiel Russell and 285-pound champion Bruno Reagan, all Tennessean first-team all-Midstate selections.

Russell and Reagan both return next year.

“Talking to those kids was probably the hardest thing I’ve done,†Blosser said. “I think the world of them. But the kids were great. We’ve got a great group of kids coming back. Clarksville has a good tradition, a strong fan base. There’s a really good chance a great coach will come in here and want to be a part of this great program.â€

I am not sure if this helps but according to this article he is only on a leave for 18 months. depending on when that started, he may not be back or back for long.

http://www.chattanoogan.com/2012/7/19/230597/Jacky-Blosser-New-Head-Wrestling-Coach.aspx

Holker, a 1st Lieutenant in the U.S. Army at Fort Campbell (Ky.), is on educational leave for the next 18 months as he is taking classes at nearby Austin Peay University while coaching at Clarksville HS. He was a three-time state high school champion and won a national high school title in 1998 before his collegiate All-American career.

He placed seventh at BYU (1999) and first (2001) and seventh (2002) at Iowa State, followed by a U.S. Armed Forces championship in 2006.

Hat's off to you Jacky for taking an uncertain- young team to a top ten finish tieing Bradley, finishing higher than any previous rankings, and getting three to the podium (two as upper weight underclassmen) & working so closely with the talent left with you and Holker.... Tough road! Proud of ya!!!

Family First as mom always says!

• Upvote 1