top juniors

red34

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ya'll are always writing about the best juniors and harldy ever about the best seniors or sophmores. Well I said it a long time ago and I will say it again. Distirict five has the best players in the state although Gomab doesn't think so. Juan Smith, Justin Hare, Kellen Pickel, Tim Cooper, Jay Davis, and Cori Pugh can play with anybody that any of you all listed.

Well you should get a clue if thats all people is writing about..The Class of 2004 is loaded..EVERYWHERE, not just West Tn and Middle TN..This is a talented group of kids all over the state of TN. Not to say the Seniors and Sophs arent but this years senior class overall is weaker than usual. The Sophs are led by Tyler Smith(Giles Co) and hes prolly as talented as any senior in the state.

What in the world are you talking about Sportsphan???? I love the Class of 2004 in that District...... I have 7 players from that District ranked in my Top 100 Juniors, and FIVE of those ranked in my Top 35 players..... So what are you trying to say?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I agree TnBball...The Class of 2004 is LOADED all over.... The Senior Class was relatively weak.... It is still tough to tell on the Sophomore Class, but it looks a tad below 2004..... Class of 2006 could be as good as any--I guess we'll have to wait and see..... so for right now, I'd have..

#1-2004 (Juniors)

#2-2006 (Freshmen)

#3-2002 (Graduated)

#4-2005 (Sophomores)

#5-2003 (Seniors)

[Edited by coacht on 10-31-02 4:55P]

Sorry Gomab. It just seems like every couple of weeks that a thread is started about the top juniors in the state. There seems to be a lack of interest in the top seniors and sophmores. I myself think there are alot of good seniors out there that nobody seems to talk about. Tennesssee Temple has two of the best seniorss in the state that are not gettin much credit and they have two of the best sophmores too. I mentioned district 5AAA because McMinn is in it. I think that Juan Smith should be ranked in the very tops. He has no support at all and has to do everything himself. Maybe this class is very loaded but sometimes it just seems like all the threads talk about is the players from Unaka, Science Hill and then middle Tennessee and west Tennessee. We have alot of that talent you are talking about right here in the Chattanooga area. I guess people like Cooper don't get recognized alot because there stats probably arent as good because all five of there players were in double figures last year. Then Hare and Pickel were kinda in the shadow of allstate player Pugh and then they have to share the points and stuff. Sometimes the players off the teams that are not real good have better stats and look better on paper than some of these guys. Its not just you Gomab it just seems nobody gives our area alot of respect, not just in the juniors or in our district but in all classes and all districts. Didn't mean to criticize your polls, I like reading them. But I do think that our boys are as good as the ones you got listed at your top. Have a good basketball year!

Sportsphan, I think the are, and especially that district, get a ton of attention and recognition; and deservingly so... I always give these kids credit. Juan is in my Top 10, Hare is Top 15, and a total of five from the district are in the Top 35......I don't know if any district in the state has kids ranked that high, except maybe one of the Memphis districts.....

There is a lot of talent in the Chattanooga area, whether great seniors like Ricky Harper, Sir Lee Mason, Jake Skogen, Ryan Wadley, Ben Britt, Cedric Dozier, Trey Sharpe and so on, or sophs like Charles Little, Trey Tindell, Jonathon Adams, Allen Ray, etc..... It is true that it is the JUNIOR class which is even more special in Chatt area (and accross the state)......

sportsphan, i agree with you on the talent in this district, but you never seem to give zach hyatte from rhea co. any credit. you must not have seen him play. he could very well be in the top two players in this district. i am proud that we have talent such as these guys but i know that zach is as good or better than some of the guys you always seem to talk about. see ya sportsphan, enjoy the season.

Gomab I agree that Zach Hayette from Rhea Co. deserves to be one of the top players in that district. The next 2 years are going to be exciting years for this district and the fans of the teams. Smith from Mcminn can beat other teams alone with some of the nights he has, but I will also say last year watching the district tourney and the region tourney that he can have bad shooting nights and not do anything else for his team. I agree with the comment that players on a better team dont get enough credit as the players on a bad team such as Smith. I believe Cooper, Davis, Pickel, and Hare are just as good as him if not better at some aspects of the game. You are putting Smith higher than these players because of his stats alone, and that in some sense isn't to fair for the other players. You need to get view points from other people and have people from this board and yourself too,to go watch these players personally and not go by stats alone to determine where you rank them among others. Personaly I think the rankings are good in some sense but they also have some players to high and some to low b/c of what you hear and not see. Im not critisizing your rankings at all, because I think its kind of neat to look what your opinion on players are, but you dont give enough credit to some players, such as Hayette from Rhea. Thats all though keep up the hard work and try to get people from the board out to watch games of players on the list to re-rank them by site not just the stats alone.

Just so you know.... I research my rankings very hard, and don't just go on something so trivial as stats. Stats are irrelevant. I have seen Smith play numerous times, as I have with Hare and Pickel, and I have even coached Cooper and Davis.... Smith is the player I like the best out of that group, and would take him at the next level as the best prospect out of that group.... And as for not giving Hyatte enough credit--I am one of the few ones giving him credit. He is in my Top 35 in the State, which is highly elite company. Hyatte's name is not a commodity (yet), but is given his due on my rankings.....

Look for my Top 100 Juniors this coming Wednesday.....