new coach announced at South Gibson

cofo

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Greer lives in Milan and the commute up here was a bit much for him. Apparently he had a more difficult time selling his house and finding a place up here than he was expecting. Best of luck to him at South Gibson. Even though he was only here for a season you could tell the program was on the right track. The difference in our team at the beginning of the season compared to the end was borderline remarkable.

I'm not sure who's in the running for the HC job now, but rest assured there will definitely be some pieces to work with.

Coach Greer lives in Milan and the commute up here was a bit much for him. Apparently he had a more difficult time selling his house and finding a place up here than he was expecting. Best of luck to him at South Gibson. Even though he was only here for a season you could tell the program was on the right track. The difference in our team at the beginning of the season compared to the end was borderline remarkable.

I'm not sure who's in the running for the HC job now, but rest assured there will definitely be some pieces to work with.

That sounds like a very pc answer to me. Him leaving probably had nothing to do with the lack of talent on the basketball team or the fact that playing at the pace he wanted with said lack of athletes against teams from Clarksville on a regular basis is coaching suicide. Yeah, he couldn't sell his house, that's it.

Professor Chaos- hmm...I think they made the region semi-finals didn't they? Other than Dickson County (who had 8 seniors) I would say that Henry County did quite well at the end of the season. He competed as a first year coach and finished middle of the pack. Not bad for a late season hire.

Perhaps your team didn't win it this year? or quite possibly they got beat by Henry County?

Professor Chaos- hmm...I think they made the region semi-finals didn't they? Other than Dickson County (who had 8 seniors) I would say that Henry County did quite well at the end of the season. He competed as a first year coach and finished middle of the pack. Not bad for a late season hire.

Perhaps your team didn't win it this year? or quite possibly they got beat by Henry County?

They went 12-18, 6-10 in district play (a district btw which is probably at its lowest point in 10 years). Who cares if they pulled an upset and beat a meh Station Camp team to make it to the regional semi-final. It's not a good team with very little talent. They played hard, but that's about it.

That sounds like a very pc answer to me. Him leaving probably had nothing to do with the lack of talent on the basketball team or the fact that playing at the pace he wanted with said lack of athletes against teams from Clarksville on a regular basis is coaching suicide. Yeah, he couldn't sell his house, that's it.

Well, Cook is a big loss, although I believe Thompson would fill his shoes just fine. Outside of that, I'd say we competed pretty well with a team comprised mostly of juniors and sophomores. It's not like we were getting blown off the court for crying out loud. We were competing well all year, and finally appeared to be learning how to finish games toward the end. Not to mention, we return one of the best players in program history. I don't believe it's as devoid of talent as you're making it seem. I think the coming year almost certainly would have been better than last, and it still may be. Beyond that, I don't know, you could be right. But for the time being, we appeared to be heading in the right direction.

What's with the negativity? I'm usually a very objective and realistic observer when it comes to our basketball program, and even I saw a lot of positives to take away from this season.