2013-2014 AAA Top Teams

So the general consensus is that the top three teams are in 7-AAA. Riverdale's transfers have been discussed. I would be interested in hearing if any of the other two team in the top "3" have had any transfers join their team, or have they all been together thru their feeder programs.

So the general consensus is that the top three teams are in 7-AAA. Riverdale's transfers have been discussed. I would be interested in hearing if any of the other two team in the top "3" have had any transfers join their team, or have they all been together thru their feeder programs.

Jamesha (Mimi) Jackson (class of 2015) will be eligible this year after transferring to Blackman from Mt Juliet.  Rick Bolus has her in the second 12 college prospects in TN ( http://kyprephoops.com/1314/2013AugTNGirls.html ) , although she hasn't played in a high school varsity game since 9th grade when she had 13 points in the state championship game against Riverdale.  Prospects Nation ranks her as a 4 star player ( http://www.prospectsnation.com/player/jamesha-jackson ) She will be exciting to see this year.  I have watched her in AAU for years.  Of course...Blackman is loaded as well.

Edited by Brandon100

The three best teams in the state very well be in the same district. (Oakland, Blackman, and Riverdale) Whichever two get out of the district have a great chance to win state, but one of them will probably have to play Bradley Central in the substate, and Bradley may be the 4th best team in the state.

Riverdale plays Bradley Central early in the season as well.

Jamesha (Mimi) Jackson (class of 2015) will be eligible this year after transferring to Blackman from Mt Juliet.  Rick Bolus has her in the second 12 college prospects in TN ( http://kyprephoops.com/1314/2013AugTNGirls.html ) , although she hasn't played in a high school varsity game since 9th grade when she had 13 points in the state championship game against Riverdale.  Prospects Nation ranks her as a 4 star player ( http://www.prospectsnation.com/player/jamesha-jackson ) She will be exciting to see this year.  I have watched her in AAU for years.  Of course...Blackman is loaded as well.

Will not disagree with you about Mimi Jackson's basketball ability because she is a great player but Mt. Juliet did not play Riverdale in the state championship game during her freshman year. That was a first round game. Riverdale played Science Hill for the state championship during the last 2 years and Memphis Central the year before that. I also agree with you that Blackman is loaded.

Will not disagree with you about Mimi Jackson's basketball ability because she is a great player but Mt. Juliet did not play Riverdale in the state championship game during her freshman year. That was a first round game. Riverdale played Science Hill for the state championship during the last 2 years and Memphis Central the year before that. I also agree with you that Blackman is loaded.

Thanks for checking me on that one.  I found the game on the tssaa website and quoted...should have fact checked better.  I actually went to that state championship so I cannot believe I missed that.

Edited by Brandon100

Saw both Riverdale and Blackman play this summer, Blackman looks like a top team Nationally, MeMe Jackson will make them the favorite in the state IMO.
But, I saw Riverdale play before their two transfers had gotten used to playing with the team and Middleton was doing literally everything for them. That being said, Riverdale is probably much better than they were when I saw them play.
It should be an exciting year either way.

Riverdale players are in amazing shape with a deep bench.  They play in the 4th quarter with the same intensity as the 1st quarter.  Not sure if I have ever seen athletes who train harder....boys or girls, and I have been around some big time athletic programs in my day.  Riverdale averaged last year 74 points a game, which is amazing considering the length of a high school game and the kind of national competition they played.  Definitely a running team. 58 game winning streak not including 16-0 in summer ball this year.  

Edited by Brandon100

I am sure they are great shape practicing daily. However the fact remains that they would not be very good if they did not get all the transfers. Davenport-Siegel Alley-Mt. Juliet the 3 players that "moved" in this year. The only true one is Middleton and maybe other subs but you don't hear about them because they can't get in the court cause of all the other transfers. IMO